"Autism" and "Cancer" as insults
Cancer is a disease caused by improper cell growth and Autism is a mental challenge commonly characterized by a weakness in social interaction, respectively. In many fandoms and hatedoms, these two words are often used to describe something that they consider "bad", "dumb" or "cringy".
Why This Move is Extremely Offensive and Disrespectful
- These insults like The "AIDS" insults, "Gay" insults and "Retarded" insults are very disrespectful and/or offensive towards people who have autism and/or cancer.
- They are ironically very defensive over their usage of these words.
- Despite their belief, people with autism can be smart. In fact, some reports show that those with autism might actually have a higher average IQ.
- Some of them could be autistic or have cancer, which is hypocrisy.
- Those who use these words as insults use them constantly, spamming it almost everywhere.
- They even compare autistic people to the likes of Chris-Chan, despite the fact that they're nothing like her.
- People who do this who are part of the meme community have pretty much killed it, among others.
- They'll attack anyone who rightfully calls them out for the usage of these words. They'll wrongfully call them SJWs and call them out for being politically correct. Political correctness may be bad, but not to a certain degree!
- Sadly, these comments are almost everywhere on the internet.
- They find autism and cancer funny when people in real-life actually have them. Not that they care anyway.
- They use the Internet as an excuse to justify using cancer and autism as insults.
- They also use other diseases or conditions as insults.
- Some just hate them because they think they get more attention than normal people do.
- The YouTube comment sections are mostly full of these.
- Some of them say that the person they hate (e.g Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton) should die of cancer.
- Some think people who have autism (especially if they have a brother or sister with autism) only exist to be annoying in life.
- Even ironic is that even autistic people and victims of cancer insult each other using these words.