Jump to navigation Jump to search
An "Edgelord" is an informal, derogatory, Internet slang word for someone who attempts to seem edgy by doing or saying risque or offensive things. It has a very toxic fandom or community.
Why They're Not Edgy
- They try so pathetically hard to look cool. They also think that things with little to no violence, or even PG-13 stuff like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Kong: Skull Island, or Wonder Woman (2017) are for babies, and think everything they watch like ultraviolent anime, hardcore R-Rated movies like Mad Max, Joker , Rambo and Logan, Adult Cartoons like Mr. Pickles and Happy Tree Friends, characters like Shadow the Hedgehog and Rebooted Dante from Devil May Cry, music like rock or heavy metal, religions like satanism (even though satanism isn't really a religion.), or M-Rated games like Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, God of War, or, Quake, are superior to everything.
- They do not know how to handle criticism in any way.
- Some of them are bullies that bullies people to the point of their victims attempting suicide.
- They send death threats against people they don't like and/or those who dare criticize them.
- Some of them wear extreme and at times, inappropriate make-up or clothing, such as mohawks, earrings, piercings, eye shadows, dye or dark and emo T-shirts printed with edgy things such as gore or skeletons in heavy metal gear.
- If you were to say you are not into R-Rated Movies, M-Rated games, Adult Cartoons, Shock sites, or anything that is "Edgy", then there is a really good chance that they will try to attack you.
- They are hypocritical. They think that they are "edgy", even though in reality their behavior just makes themselves look like fools.
- Some of them try way too hard to be edgy by joining shock sites which contain very disturbing stuff incluiding offensive stuff or gore/NSFL material, incluiding Encyclopedia Dramatica, BestGore, LiveLeak, and many more.
- Many of them do crossover pairings that involve "edgy" characters such as Shadow the Hedgehog with Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill, and more.
- Some of them also do conspiracy theories thinking It will make them look edgy by making conspiracy theories that are extremely offensive.
- They even honor rock bands such as Linkin Park and heavy metal bands such as Metallica and Slipknot, which makes no sense. They even believe that those bands make "edgy" music when not really.
- In the YouTube comment section they write comments that try to make them look edgy but they fail.
- Most edgelords are nostalgia-tards, who praise stuff from their decade because it's edgier than today's stuff, like the Spider-Man Trilogy, which introduced the Emo Peter scene, which to them is quite edgy.
- There are also moderntard edgelords who try to be more superior and hip by insulting and acting high and mighty on the older decades or eras such as the Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution or the 20th Century.
- Some of them try to be edgy by having unpopular opinions, or worse, saying things that are extremely offensive (i.e. racist, sexist, misogynist, misandrist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic, anti-autistic, anti-christian, islamophobic, antisemitic, and more).
- They think anything that is light-hearted is automatically bad.
- They always love to pick on anything that is light-hearted or fantasy, such as preschool shows, girl's shows like My Little Pony, Rated E games like Mario, and wholesome things such as rainbows and unicorns to look hip, stylish and edgy, but are always shouted back by their fans.
- Some think that exalting Satan and/or even evil people in real life such as Adolf Hitler will make them look cool.
- Some even exalt fetishes such as vore and gore.
- They take the words "Gore" and "Vore" too seriously.
- Some even think that important things such as politics are awful.
- Speaking of that, they support some political things to make them look edgy. How ironic.
- Most Edgelords are YouTuber fans. They give YouTubers such as I Hate Everything, LeafyIsHere, iDubbbzTV, Jake Paul, Logan Paul Vlogs, Peluchin Entertainment and other bad fanbases.
- They even listen to hate songs and/or offensive songs with so much swearing and references to Nazism, fascism, Hitler, Mussolini and Satanic things to make them look edgy.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- Some can take account of each other's perspectives.
- Some can make good edgy fan characters or original characters.
- They do have a point on certain media’s flaws as long as they don’t complain about it too much.
- Not all of them like evil people such as Hitler.