2B (NieR: Automata) Fandom
YoRHa No.2 Type B (Battle), also most commonly known as 2B, is the protagonist of Route A in NieR: Automata. She is a YoRHa android created to battle the machine lifeforms that have invaded the planet on behalf of the surviving humans. She served during the 14th Machine War. 2B is an all-purpose battle android, deployed as a member of the automated YoRHa infantry. She is equipped with a multitude of weapons for close-quarters combat and can attack from range using the Pod support system. Her eyes are obscured beneath her standard-issue military visor, which she rarely removes. 2B was created an unspecified amount of time before the events of the game as part of the new line of YoRHa androids. She was given the designation of 2B as a cover by the Commander, who gave her orders to observe one of the new Scanner models in action during YoRHa's operations against the machines. Of course the NieR: Automata fanbase isn't too bad, but 2B's is.
Why There's No Glory to Mankind In This Fandom
- They always get into arguments over 2B being a robot or not despite the fact that an android is a more specific type of robot. Some would confuse her for being a cyborg when she clearly is an android. Proof.
- Some of them are even edgelords just because of her character design, her game being M for mature, and how she occasionally be hot-headed at times. Another thing is that some of her fans might be weeaboos.
- Some would only like her because of her voice when voice acting does not dictate the quality of a character (even though 2B is likable in general). This mostly applies to her Japanese voice actress.
- Speaking of voice acting, they seemingly treat Kira Buckland (2B's voice actress) as a saint just because she voices the said character. In fact, they would go wild when they would find out a character Kira voices another character they may like. For example Petunia Rhubarb from VeggieTales, Umi Sonoda from Love Live!, Reimi Sugimoto from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Eirika from Fire Emblem, Heart Aino from BlazBlue, Hiyoko Saionji from Danganronpa, etc.
- Since we did mention Danganronpa, they only like Kirumi just because she looks like 2B or vice versa. A good reason to why character design isn't enough to like a character.
- Some (yes, especailly the objectophiles) would go as far as calling 2B a "wife". Think about it for a moment.
- If you to look up anything related to 2B on YouTube. the comments section would probably be an echo chamber of fanboys and objectophiles bowing down to her like a goddess.
- When 2B died, some started to take it way too seriously thus saying things like "There's no freaking way 2B has to die like this". Yes, we do know it's sad to see a character you like passed away, but there is no need to see 2B like a real person.
- Some would started warfare with the Final Fantasy fans just Noctis from Final Fantasy XV beat 2B in DBX.
- Some get along with the Final Fantasy fans and accept 2B defeat.
- Some would have legit and constructive reasons to like her.
- Some who cried at 2B's death don't take it to literal since they do know that while it's sad to see 2B die, she's still fictional.
- Just ignore the objectophiles (since she's an android as already mentioned), you can find good fans and also good fanwork and memes of her. Even though many people can admit that she does look pretty for an android.
- They do respect both of 2B's voice actresses