4Kids Entertainment Hatedom
4Licensing Corporation (formerly known as Leisure Concepts, Inc. and 4Kids Entertainment) was an American licensing company. The company was previously also a film and television production company that English-dubbed Japanese anime through its subsidiary 4Kids Productions between 1992 and 2012; it specialized in the acquisition, production and licensing of children's entertainment around the United States.
While this infamous dubbing company has made some choices that gave them somewhat of a bad record, the hatedom of it makes it out to sound just really awful.
Why They're Not "4Kids" (No Pun Intended)
- It mostly contains Funimation fans and other anime fans that like to rip on 4Kids for their dub of One Piece.
- While this dubbing company is known for their infamous changes in dubs, other dubbing companies around that time were making practically the same changes as 4Kids made, but yet this hatedom makes it out that 4Kids is the only dubbing company to make these kind of changes.
- They constantly say that 4Kids ruined every anime they localized. But ironically, their dubs of Pokémon, Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, and Yu-Gi-Oh! were a huge success and gained a lot of fans that preferred the Pokémon 4Kids dub over the current Pokémon dub.
- They will attack, harass, and even block anyone from entering public groups that doesn't view 4Kids as bad. And if a user edits a public article about 4Kids with fair edits because they think the page contains too much biased info, they will have their edits deleted and be labelled as an action of vandalizing the page.
- A lot of them are on many websites like YouTube, TheTopTens, Facebook, Twitter, and even some of these wikis on Miraheze.
- They constantly rip on 4Kids for choosing to dub One Piece, and calling them idiots for dubbing a violent anime like One Piece. But, they fail to know that 4Kids never wanted anything to do with One Piece, and they were FORCED into dubbing One Piece because of a package deal they made with Toei Animation that made it illegal for them to refuse to dub One Piece.
- They make it sound like 4Kids has never had a single good anime they dubbed. But yet their dubs of Pokémon, Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, and Yu-Gi-Oh! were great.
- They constantly create some insulting pics for those that don't hate the 4Kids dub like "4Kids Is 4Idiots."
- They're part of the Pokémon Hatedom, the Winx Club Hatedom, Kirby: Right Back at Ya! Hatedom and the Yu-Gi-Oh! Hatedom.
- Even though 4Kids usually had no say in the edits and censorship of the dubs, they blame them as if it was their decision, and they also blamed them for edits that they never even had involvement in like Ash's badgecase symbol being changed from a Poké Ball to a rectangle by Kids WB, the censored text in their Sonic X dub that was actually made by TMS Entertainment for international distribution, and Dragon Ball Z Kai's edits mostly being done by Funimation so it can be aired on 4Kids' Toonzai and Nicktoons.
- Speaking of Toonzai, they call it a Toonami ripoff just because it aired anime and the name is similar. This isn't entirely true because 1. the full name is The CW 4Kids Toonzai, 2. It doesn't take place in space, and 3. The host and some/most the bumpers take place in Japan.
- They take their hatred to 4Kids too seriously and also treat that company like it was Al Qaeda How can a dubbing and licensing company be worse than a terrorist organization founded by one of the most infamous terrorists (Osama Bin Laden)?.
- Some of them even use derogatory terms like "GayKids" proof
- They do have a point about 4Kids' dubs of One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew (or Mew Mew Power in English), Sonic X (depending on your view), Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's being flawed.
- They at least have respect for the voice actors.
- They do have a point that their characters singing the National Anthem was terrible except for Sonic and Knuckles.
- There are some mature haters, and they can accept that the company is better than Funimation at its current state.
- Some of the parodies and memes made by them are funny.