Ace Attorney Fandom
Ace Attorney is a visual novel legal drama adventure video game series developed by Capcom where players can play the role as defense attornies such as Phoenix Wright, his mentor Mia Fey, and his understudies Apollo Justice and Athena Cykes (Apollo made his first appearance in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney while Athena made her first appearance in Dual Destinies), and investigates cases and defends their clients in court; they find the truth by cross-examining witnesses and finding inconsistencies between the testimonies and the evidence they have collected. The cases all last a maximum of three days, with the judge determining the outcome based on the evidence presented by the defense attorney and the prosecutor. While the series had been very successful, it became a pop culture phenomenon, but despite that, it has a mediocre and memetic fandom as well that we will be investigating.
Why They're Going To Court
- There are fans who would believe that the real courtrooms are like the ones in Ace Attorney, but that right there is false since Ace Attorney is fiction.
- They treat the first three Ace Attorney games like the holy trinity to the point that they would forget about the other games that are not part of the trilogy. Even if some treat the modern games like God's gift.
- They only play the games only for the memes instead of the story.
- Some memes can come out either perverted, normified, or insulting.
- Some are blind to Phoenix Wright himself and they forget about other attorneys such as Mia Fey (Who was an attorney before Phoenix), Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes and Ryūnosuke Naruhodō (A descendent of Phoenix Wright)
- Some are blind to Miles Edgeworth, Godot and Franziska Von Karma to the point that they forget about other prosecutors such as Winston Payne, Manfred Von Karma, Klavier Gavin, Gaspen Payne, Ga’ran Sigatar Khura’in, Nayuta Sadmadhi and Simon Blackquill. Miles mainly gets that problem.
- They overuse "Objection!", "You are not a clown. You are the entire circus", and "Eat Your Hamburgers Apollo" to the point that it would get on your nerves.
- One person on YouTube wrote a comment in the Ace Attorney Fandom in a NUTshell that said "Ace Attorney is just Danganronpa for intellectuals" which is just offensive to those who like Danganronpa.
- they make ridiculous comments such as "Can we date Pearl" which would never work since these girls are fictional, also, Pearl is currently 17.
- Some of them hate Capcom simply because of localization problems.
- They would say that anyone who likes Miles Edgeworth is a edgelord or a weeaboo which is just stupid
What Makes Them Not Guilty
- Some memes can be funny
- A lot of well-done fan art and fanfictions.
- Some are aware of the games that are not part of the trilogy.
- Some are aware of the other attorneys and prosecutors.
- Not all of them hate Capcom for it's flaws the company has.
- A lot of nice people since we don't really need to explain.