Aladdin is a 1992 animated musical film created by Disney and was during the Disney Renaissance era. This film was based on the Arabic folktale of the same name from the One Thousand and One Nights which tells the story about a street urchin named Aladdin who finds a magic lamp containing a genie. In order to hide the lamp from the Grand vizier, he disguises himself as a wealthy prince and tries to impress the Sultan and his daughter Jasmine. The film was a critical success making it the first movie to reach the half-billion-dollar mark. While the movie became one of Disney's most well-known films of all time, it has gotten a toxic fandom.
Why This Fandom Is A Toxic Whole New World
- Many of them would pummel on the live-action remake to the point that it would get on your nerves.
- If you were to say you liked the live-action remake, they will hate on you.
- The remake itself has gotten so much controversy.
- They make dumb comments such as "The OG was better".
- They never even watched it to give the remake a chance.
- Dumb hate art and hate memes such as this Sesame Street meme.
- Typical cartoonaboos and Disney fans who did not even realize that it was based on an Arabic folktale.
- They praise The Genie like he was some religious figure. Mainly his 1992 counterpart.
- Not only do they bash on the live-action remake, but they also treated Aladdin and the King of Thieves like it was the great depression.
- Some could be blind to the movie's flaws.
- They are the many people who treat the Disney Renaissance movies like they were a gift from God and will lash out at the modern Disney movies.
- Don’t tell them that you don’t like this film, things will turn ugly.
- They ruined the Cartoon Community, the Movie Community and the Meme Community.
- Some of them come from the dark side of the Furry Community just because of Iago and Abu.
- Some of them are even part of The Lion King Hatedom just because they accuse The Lion King for stealing popularity from Aladdin once it was released.
- Some are sane and mature fans who respect opinions.
- They do have a point about King of Thieves.
- They do have a point about the remake not being that great.
- Still a lot of kid-friendly fan art.
- Some may like the live-action movie.
- They paid their respects to Robin William's death.
- They do have a point about the controversy.
- Some are aware of the book.
- Not all of them hate the Lion King since some Aladdin fans can like The Lion King as well.