Animal Crossing Fandom
AGW is a social simulation video game series developed and published by Nintendo and was created by Katsuya Eguchi. In Animal Crossing, the player character is a human who lives in a village inhabited by anthropomorphic animals, carrying out various activities including fishing, bug catching, fossil hunting, etc. The series is notable for its open-ended gameplay and extensive use of the video game consoles' internal clock and calendar to simulate the real passage of time. The fandom went out of control before Animal Crossing: New Horizons was announced. This, along with some Fandoms, is admittedly one of the most ungrateful fanbases.
Why Tom Nook Won't Give Them The Deserted Island Getaway Package
- Much like the Super Smash Bros. Fandom, they constantly beg Nintendo to post news about Animal Crossing: New Horizons. They also beg Nintendo on stuff they post that has nothing to do with Animal Crossing. (Did they forget that Animal Crossing Directs exist?)
- They also made pointless predictions for Animal Crossing being on the Direct of February, 2019..
- They don't just like it, they always praise this series too much, overshadowing good franchises like Splatoon, Mario, Kirby, etc.
- They are very prone to overreacting, for example, they overreacted when their "favorite game of all time" wasn't mentioned on the aforementioned Nintendo Direct of February by disproportionately crying and getting angry.
- Just like the Super Smash Bros. Fandom, they trash every non-Animal Crossing game during Nintendo Directs and say bad things about it, including great games like Super Mario Maker 2, Yoshi's Crafted World, Deltarune (Yes, that was actually announced), etc.
- They make Rule 34/NSFW art of the animal characters, mainly Isabelle.
- They also make art where Isabelle has sex with characters from other franchises while at it.
- Some may have a sexual attraction with one of the villagers or NPC's, this can be seen as bestiality/zoophilia (where someone has sexual interactions with animals, which is highly illegal).
- Some probably disrespect others' opinions.
- They beg hackers (especially those with seeders) to add their friend codes only for them to spawn in items, furniture, villagers, etc and nothing else.
- It's very difficult to find someone to play Animal Crossing Population Growing (GameCube), Wild World or City Folk with since the fandom is filled with players with mostly New Leaf, and to some extent, Pocket Camp.
- They will whine and cry whenever there has been a long time since news about Animal Crossing: New Horizons was revealed.
- It's possible to find trolls, hackers (some of them are good hackers), item thieves and griefers in this fandom.
- They can also be found in New Leaf's Club Tortimer. And due to the lack of a swear filter in-game, they can also say offensive slurs as well.
- They took the picture of Tom Nook that was posted by Nintendo's Twitter account way too seriously because they thought it hinted a Nintendo Direct. Or a tease for Animal Crossing Switch.
- They praise the villager Marshal to death.
- Most of the people in this fandom loath Amiibo Festival to death. While it's understandable that the game is a really bad addition to the franchise, they don't have to treat it so terribly as there are people who like the game too.
- They may start flamewars with the Super Smash Bros. Fandom only because Smash Ultimate gets featured in more directs and more attention from Nintendo than Animal Crossing New Horizons does.
- When New Horizons appeared on Target's website, many of them spammed 5 star reviews though it's not even out yet as of late February, 2020..
- There's way too much Animal Crossing YouTubers that are all the same virtually and do nothing different and/or interesting, with an exception with some YouTubers (see RQ #6)
- They paint the froggy chair as a divine being
- Lots of nostalgia-tards in this fandom, as they beg Nintendo to have old features from previous games return in the newer games, features like constellations, and some events from the older games like Morning Aerobics.
- They demand features and other things that they hated in New Leaf to be removed in New Horizons
- Some fans are also SJWs, which can be seen in the second image shown.
- They share the same problems with the Super Smash Bros. Fandom
- Most of them are incredibly impatient, as they hate waiting for the new game to come out in March and want it to come out.
- Some even create satanic pentagrams and perform rituals to make the release of New Horizons to come out faster. Not only this is silly and it can offend people that believe in Christianity. This post can explain.
- Not all Animal Crossing fans are toxic since most fans respect others' opinions and are quite nice or friendly.
- Some of them understand that the Rule 34/porn art of the characters is wrong, since it's a family-friendly game.
- Some fans create amazing fanfiction and cute art of the series.
- The good hackers help young and beginner players with the game by helping them get items they need, they also help people that are trying to get stuff for a theme town they're trying to make.
- They make good remixes of the hourly music or K.K. Slider's songs from the game.
- Many good Animal Crossing YouTubers such as SimplyPressStart, Mischa Crossing, BradMenny, etc.
- They can have some sense of humor like how they see Tom Nook as an evil businessman that you would sell your soul to, but is too cute to be mad at.
- Since a direct was announced just recently shown on February 20th, it's most likely that it's enough to get them to shut up until New Horizons is released
- Most of them are very kind to the DOOM Fandom since New Horizons and Eternal come out on the same say.
- If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have well-made towns like Aika Village.