Athena Asamiya (SNK) Fandom
Athena Asamiya is one of the two main characters in Psycho Soldier alongside Sie Kensou. Being a distant relative and modern-day counterpart of Princess Athena from Athena, she and Sie teamed up to fight in the name of justice. In Psycho Soldiers, she was one of the "heroes of light" who defended the world from the Shiguma forces. Her psychic powers are believed to be transmigrated to her rather than inherited by her family. As such, she is sometimes referred to as the resurrected Athena who is gifted with esper-like powers. She later appears in the King of Fighters series where she is Chin Gentsai's student during the Orochi Saga. She has spent most of her life secluded in China's mountains training. Her team participates in the tournaments as a form of training and to save the populace from an apparent future threat. Other times, they enter to disrupt any evil forces they may feel at the time. In the 1996 tournament, Chin seemed perturbed by the energy he sensed and didn't want his students to be involved with it. However, they surprise him by redoubling their enthusiasm for the event and they enter. The NESTS saga, on the other hand, portrays her as a famous pop-star who is rising the charts with her concerts. She welcomes the new recruit, Bao, warmly and hopes that he does his best. Additionally, she grows concerned for Kensou once he lost his powers though she remains optimistic that they might return during the tournament on a spur-of-the-moment notice. The Ash Saga depicts Athena joining forces with Hinako Shijou and Malin to form a strange, but successful High School Girls team. For KOF XI, Athena reunites with Kensou after his year of training, and Momoko, one of Athena's fans with psychic capabilities.
Why They Weren't That Bad. They Were Pathetic!
- They complain about Athena's sprite looking "pudgy" in KoF XII and XIII just because of her legs. Really now, it's just a sprite.
- Some of them are part of the already toxic Mobile Legends Fandom simply because she appears as a skin for Guinevere. In fact, this portion does not know who she really is outside of Mobile Legends. This is not unlike another fandom involving another SNK girl
- Speaking of Mobile Legends, they would throw a big fit when they don't have the Athena skin. They even want this skin to come back.
- On the topic of Moblie Legends, they only care about Athena rather than just Guinevere herself.
- They constantly spam "Psycho Ball" (Mainly the Mobile Legends portion) on anything related to Athena.
- They only like her just because she's OP when she does have some notable limits such as weak meter-less damage or mediocre HD combo damage.
- This picture involving Athena x M. Bison. Plus, both are on different sides. Heck, they even compare her to Bison just because of psycho powers.
- A few conflicts involving some ships such as Athena x Kyo (Even though Yuki is Kyo's girlfriend), Athena x Iori (this), and Athena x Sie. Ironically enough, Sie does have a crush on Athena, but she chooses to ignore it and when every time he gathers the courage to confess his feelings to her, he is often cut off or interrupted.
- Some of them have a legit crush on her when she's only fictional. Even though she's only 17 according to KoF '94 (She was also 18 years old according to KoF XII)
- You can still find some wholesome artwork of her.
- Some could have a legit reason as to why they adore her thus liking her the way she is.
- They can still live without getting the Moblie Legends Athena skin.
- Some understand that Athena's sprites are just sprites.