Avengers: Infinity War Fandom
Avengers: Infinity War is a 2018 superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, being the third installment of the Avengers in the MCU and also the nineteenth film in the MCU. During its huge success and its worldwide acclamation, the fandom of this movie took the things very far, turning it into a terrible fandom.
Why This Fandom Is Not Perfectly Balanced
- it’s mostly filled with little kids or at the very least teens and man-children since this film is rated PG-13. Speaking of which, regarding the little kids, it's recommended to them to be accompanied by their parents or an adult guardian.
- They honor Thanos to death! There's even a subreddit called r/ThanosDidNothingWrong/
- Even worse, they make thicc memes out of him.
- They overreact to some scenes, such the disintegration scenes, even if they already watched the movie.
- Like the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Fandom and the Captain America: Civil War Fandom, they hate on and bully people who don't like the movie.
- They are part of the DC Hatedom, as they constantly bash Justice League (2017), and sometimes the DCEU.
- They are part of the terrible Meme Community, to the point to say that if you don't like or you hate some memes such as the I Don't Feel So Good meme, they will attack you by calling you "normie" or that you have a bad taste for memes.
- They bashed Oscars 2019 just because Infinity War was only nominated in the Best Visual Effects category and didn't win it. In fact, they wanted Infinity War being nominated for almost every category, including of course, the Best Picture category, and win all.
- Some of these fanboys hate Endgame because of the pettiest reasons, such as the lack of abundant action or fight scenes featured in Infinity War, the Hulk and Thor being made complete jokes out of their characters and, especially, that brief scene with Captain Marvel and all the female superheroes. They also rub their opinions on anybody's noses, and will bash anyone who disagrees with them. So these idiots only become fans because they only want pure badass action and not realistic character development? This is Marvel we're talking about, there's more to it than just superhero spectacle. They ignore that Endgame emphasizes character development for these heroes, which is what the comics stand for, and also, if you hate Avengers: Endgame, you simply hate Avengers: Infinity War and the entire MCU, showing off that these soulless and immature fans are complete hypocrites. Additionally, this is like if this was the Dragon Ball fanbase fighting with their opinions about Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z Kai all over again.
- They spam memes of Infinity War in comment sections of videos that have nothing to do with Infinity War.
- For example, whenever the subject is about crossovers or collaborations, they spam this meme: "'Infinity War' Is The Most Ambitious Crossover Event In History".
- It also doesn't help that some fans even compare Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's World of Light Adventure Mode to Avengers: Infinity War, notably the beginning cutscene.
- They claim that this movie is "perfect" and has no bad qualities, when there is no "perfect movie", every great movie have their flaws.
- After the YouTube channel CinemaSins made an EWW video on Avengers: Infinity War, the video has over 49,000 dislikes and most of them are from the toxic Infinity War fanboys.
- It somewhat calmed down the Captain America: Civil War Fandom.
- Like with many fandoms, there is still healthiness in their midst.
- They mostly calmed down when Avengers: Endgame was announced.
- They do have a point that the Justice League (2017) has many flaws and it's a mediocre film.