Barney & Friends Hatedom
Barney & Friends is an American children's television series aimed at children which is created by Sheryl Leach and produced by HIT Entertainment. The series features the title character Barney, a purple anthropomorphic Tyrannosaurus rex who conveys educational messages through songs and small dance routines with a friendly, optimistic attitude. Barney usually appears as a plush toy, but somehow comes to life after the children imagine something. Barney and his friends learn about the main topic of the episode in many imaginative ways possible. Barney concludes with "I Love You" before he dissolves back into his original stuffed form and winks to the audience. The show has gotten praised when several people have concluded that episodes contain a great deal of age-appropriate educational material. However, it has been criticized by a number of haters who have existed since Barney came to the screen.
Why They're Not A Happy Family
- A lot of times, they make a truckload of hate images that can be found on DeviantArt. This includes Hate Stamps, Hate Memes, and Hate Art. This can also apply to hate parodies that often come out as lazy and overused, such as the ones that involve Barney getting killed or Barney getting grounded.
- Do not say you like Barney & Friends because they will come and attack you like a bunch of dinosaurs. They will go as far as forcing people to hate it.
- They make up ridiculous facts such as Barney hiding cocaine in his tail or Barney being based on a 1930s serial killer. They could even try to manipulate people into believing these "facts".
- They think that this show is nothing but sugar-coated madness, but it does have some really heartwarming/sad moments and songs like "Someone to Love You Forever". Heck, even a show like Barney has tackled mature topics such as disability.
- The fans of Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez lost their minds when they found out that they appeared on the said show as younger people. The same could be said about others as well such as Debby Ryan and Madison Pettis.
- Horrible Music And Songs Wiki used to be filled with them.
- Thanks to how they behave, they not only hammer down the show itself, but also the movie Barney's Great Adventure as well as anything related to Barney such as the "I Love You" song.
- On October 18, 2019, when it was revealed that Barney is getting a new theatrical movie, they raged, whined and pouted about it on Twitter.
- They will go as far as judging an upcoming movie that is still in development as of now. We never even got a teaser of the film as of now.
- They think that this show is only for kids when some older people can enjoy it if they want to. Besides, we all have our tastes.
- Even moral guardians are part of this hatedom. In fact, they also take this show way too seriously all thanks to the lies about Barney as well as some of these reviews.
- Not even TheTopTens is safe from having toxic Barney haters. Even if it's so bad, it's laughable.
- They actually want to kill Barney when it's impossible. Also, they do realize that Barney is just an actor in a purple dinosaur suit.
- The rants of this show are not any better, it's mostly nothing but Vyond-styled rants that you can find online.
- Some of the haters even circle-jerk their hatred towards the show just because the rabid preschool show haters are taking this show way too seriously.
- Facebook also has haters that make hate groups of Barney and we do have proof.
- They even have gone as far as calling Barney a Nazi. We wish we were making this up, but no.
- They have also vandalized the Barney & Friends page on Wikipedia. A glance is enough. This also applies to Best TV Shows Wiki. Hell, even the admins at Best TV Shows Wiki says that Barney is a hot topic that can attract potential vandalism.
- They do have a point that Barney does have flaws such as some filler or Barney's constant laughing and singing can become repetitive.
- They point out how AMW is bad such as the weak plot, tiresome supporting characters, pure filler, unfunny humor, etc.
- Some are civil haters who can take criticism such as DashieGames. In fact, he makes pretty hilarious skits and animations on Barney on his DashieXP channel.
- To be fair, some parodies of Barney can be funny such as Baloney and Kids from Animaniacs, the YTPs, or Blarney from The Loud House.
- Some are willing to give the upcoming film a chance.
- As already mentioned above, some of them are actually mature and can point up valid reasons on why they don’t like it, such as the flaws mentioned above.