Black Lagoon Hatedom
BTSW is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Rei Hiroe. It has been published in Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday Gene-X since 2002, and eleven collected volumes have been released so far. It was later adapted into an anime television series by Madhouse, that aired from April to June 2006 for twelve episodes. A second season, subtitled "The Second Barrage", ran for twelve weeks starting on October 2, 2006. A five-volume original video animation series, titled Roberta's Blood Trail, was released from July 2010 to June 2011. The story follows a team of pirate mercenaries known as the Lagoon Company, that smuggles goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia in the early to mid-1990s. Their base of operations is located in the fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand near the border of Cambodia (somewhere in the Amphoe Mueang Trat District, likely on the mainland north/northeast of the Ko Chang island or on the island itself). The city is home to the Japanese Yakuza, the Chinese Triad, the Russian mafia, the Colombian cartel, the Italian mafia, a wide assortment of pickpockets, thugs, mercenaries, thieves, prostitutes, assassins, and gunmen. The city also has a large Vietnamese refugee population following the Vietnamese refugee's exodus after the Communist takeover of Vietnam in 1975. It has gotten praise for its action and strong female cast, but it did spawn a toxic hatedom.
Why It's Always Been Hell In This Hatedom
- They complain about some of the racist themes in the series (the dub uses accents) when it's supposed to be a crime series aimed at mature audiences.
- Hypocrisy can be shown as they may complain about racist themes in Black Lagoon yet they praise South Park just for doing that as well
- They dislike this series just because of how it's graphic when it's supposed to have it because it's a mature Seinen series. Do you really expect a series to be nothing but rainbows and happiness?
- Some would dislike Black Lagoon for its violence yet some would praise other ultra-violent franchises such as Mortal Kombat or DOOM.
- They also complain about the characters acting unlikable at times when that's the actual point of the series.
- Hypocrisy at it's finest: they chastize the cast of Black Lagoon being unlikeable yet some would praise other characters that can be unlikeable at times as well such as Jotaro from JoJo, Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty, Morgana from Persona 5, Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants, King Julien in Penguins of Madagascar, Lynn Loud Jr. from The Loud House, Light Yagami from Death Note, Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, Haruhi Suzumiya, Asuka Langley Soryū from Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.
- Some of the haters can be classic anime fanbrats since the anime was released in the 2000s (although Roberta's Blood Trail was released in 2010) rather than like the '80s or '90s.
- They tried to vandalize the Black Lagoon page on Wikipedia by shitposting random junk on it here and here.
- Some of them may hate the series just because it's "too edgy" which is a poor excuse.
- They dislike this anime just because it's "unreal". They do realize that it's only fictional since anime is not realistic, to begin with.
- Some of them may hate the Catholic religion since The Rip-Off Church (aka Church of Violence) has a base operation that is located in a Catholic church atop a hill.
- They use the usage of curse words as an excuse to dislike the series. Are you kidding us?
- Heck, some would contradict themselves just because they would like another product that does use a lot of cuss words such as GANTZ, Spaceballs, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Family Guy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hell's Kitchen, The Boondocks, Archer, South Park, Highschool DxD, Air Gear, Tokyo Ghoul, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, etc.
- Some would just use the voices of the characters in order to describe their hatred towards the show. Remember, voice acting does not dictate the quality of a show.
- Some are even apart of the My little Pony Hatedom due to fact that some of the voice actors of Black Lagoon have voice characters in My Little Pony.
- Some are even apart of the Atheism Hatedom due to Revy being a atheist
- They hate Revy for being a athiest, yet like atheist characters such as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty, Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, and Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory.
- At least hate art/memes do not exist as of now.
- Some can have a legit reason as to why they dislike the franchise and do point out the flaws it may have.
- Not all of them are offended by things such as it's language and blood.
- They are not very widespread, to be honest with you. But that does not excuse their toxicity.
- Some of them are mature enough to tolerate different views of the show.