Byleth (Fire Emblem) Fandom and Hatedom
Byleth is the main character and avatar of Fire Emblem Three Houses. Byleth was the child of Jeralt and grew up in their father's mercenary company. Their mother died after Byleth's birth in 1159 leaving them at least 21 years old. Byleth was trained by Jeralt in combat and soon became a member of Jeralt's mercenary company, gaining unflinching courage and gained the nickname "Ashen Human/Demon/God". Like Mark of Blazing Blade fame, Byleth does not feature a customizable appearance and is the first avatar character to be referred with neutral pronouns and also fully appear in animated cutscenes without being obscured in some manner. It is no surprise that they too have a toxic fandom and hatedom.
Why Both Sides Need To Be Taught A Lesson About Toxic Fandoms And Hatedoms
- Both sides complain about both character's outfit being "ugly" according to them which is just pathetic.
- Neither side can handle opinions on the said character.
- Much like the Corrin Fandom, they seem to be sexist over which gender of Byleth is better and will start wars over the said character.
- Speaking of which, most of them treat Male Byleth like a religious figure with Female Byleth being like trash. (Sexist, right?)
- They would even call Male Byleth a canon choice, which is just unreasonable and idiotic. Gamefaqs is a good example of this.
- There are a lot of people who would bash on Female Byleth's outfit simply because it's not Male Byleth's outfit. (It's just an outfit DANG. Reddit is a good example)
- In fact, when Female Byleth came to existence, many of them freaked out like manchildren.
- They think that only straight males like female Byleth which is just offensive to those that are straight. No Joke.
- Hypocrisy: They hate Female Byleth for her outfit having belly exposure yet they don't really complain about how some characters like Olivia and Nowi from Awakening, Charlotte and Rinka from Fates and even some of the older Fire Emblem characters (Like Tethys, Larum, Sylvia etc) have apparel that has belly exposure.
- On many Gamefaqs pages, they tend to call Female Byleth names such as "Porn Cliche", "Hentai Girl", "Monkey" and "Duller Lucina" which is just stupid.
- Some of them are even part of the Corrin Hatedom and they would say "At least Byleth as Proper footwear" no joke.
- There are also part of the Robin Hatedom.
- Speaking of flame wars as already mentioned, some will start flame wars on which of the three student houses are better. Basically the Black Eagles vs Blue Lions vs Golden Deer wars.
- Whenever they see one of the characters from any of these three student houses (Like Edelgard from Black Eagles, Dimitri from Blue Lions and Claude from Golden Deer as an example) get defeated, they will mock other players such as "Black Eagles Rule, F*ck the Golden Deers and Blue Lions" which is just offensive.
- Shippping wars. (As you may have predicted.)
- Regarding Female Byleth's hate, some of them would hate Male Byleth as well and will call some names for him such as "Pretty Boy" which is just lame. On the other hand, Male Byleth's hatedom is not that big compared to his female counterpart's.
- Another example of Male Byleth hate was when there was a controversy regarding his voice actor Chris Niosi who was guilty of sexual harassment and abuse. What did the the haters do? They start bashing on Byleth simply because of the said controversy. (Byleth is fictional right? Just because one controversy happed does not mean you get to hate on Male Byleth.)
- To start of, back before Byleth was announced to be the 5th DLC fighter, whenever they see someone want Byleth to be playable in Super Smash Bros., many of them would rage like manchildren simply because of the "Too Many Fire Emblem characters" quote which is just childish.
- Some of them want Edelgard in Smash and will start flame wars with those who want Byleth instead.
- They call Byleth a "Bland Anime Sword fighter" where Byleth does more than just wielding a sword. Byleth is a Commoner, Commoners have the ability to use different weapon types and Byleth's would most likely wield the Sword of The Creator which can also transform into a whip-like sword.
- If you were to say you asked for Byleth to be in a Smash game, chances are they will attack you and send you death threats or even call you a "Weeaboo". (You guys know what a Weeaboo is right?)
- These haters are the same people who try to act superior over other character requests, still salty about some characters still being assist trophies (Like Waluigi, Ashley, Shadow, Bomberman, Isaac, Skull Kid, etc.) Or even people who want unlikely characters in Super Smash Bros. with examples like Shrek, Goku, Master Chief, Steve from Minecraft, Heavy Weapons Guy, Sora, Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Sans, Doomguy, Spider-Man, Kratos from God of War, Shaggy, Freddy Fazbear, Tracer, Naruto, Twilight Sparkle, etc.
- When Byleth was revealed to be the 5th DLC character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, many people in the live chat kept booing at them, saying they were boring, giving thumbs down to them, etc.
- They don't seem to realise that Byleth is supposed to be the avatar of the game.
- Hypocrisy: They hate Byleth for being a silent protagonist but they would praise Joker from Persona 5 who shares that characteristic.
- Some don't even want Byleth to exist. (WHAT?)
- Like the fandom, they would tend to hate on Corrin as well.
- They hate Byleth simply because of the lack of customization. (What about Mark from Blazing Blade?)
- Some of them think that Robin was better than Byleth (In a toxic way) which is just mean spirited (and perhaps offensive) to those who liked Byleth.
- Although Rare, some would call Byleth a Mary Sue/Gary Stu for RPGs which is rather silly.
- Some hate Byleth simply because of Female Byleth herself. (It's just a gender for your information.)
- Ever since the controversy as already mentioned, some would automatically hate on both Byleth's.
- Both can have sane and mature fans and haters who respect other people opinions.
- Both can have fans and haters who don't nitpick on the outfits.
- Both sides do have a point about the Chris Controversy.
- Still a lot of awesome and beautiful fan art.
- They would tend to get along with those who like either Black Eagles, Blue Lions or Golden Deers.
- Some like Both Byleths.
- Not all of them are sexist.
- They make valid reasons why they like Byleth.
- They can make some funny memes.
- They do have a point that Byleth has flaws.
- They make valid reasons why they don't like Byleth.
- Some get along with people who do want Byleth in Super Smash Bros.
- They have a point that Edelgard does wields an axe and she would be the first axe fighter to be in Super Smash Bros., which can also be said about Dimitri, who wields lances whereas Claude uses bows.
- Not all of them hate Corrin.