Cars (Pixar) Fandom and Hatedom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cars is an American animated film franchise made by Disney and Pixar. The franchise has a toxic fandom and hatedom for various reasons.
Why They Are Not Speed
- They rage at and insult anyone who likes or hates the movies.
- They take their hatred towards Cars 2 WAY too seriously just like how other fandoms do this as well with things they hate.
- They lost their minds when The World of Cars Online got discontinued. They started to write this petition to bring back the said game.
- They make up stupid theories of the movie franchise. For instance, they think that the vehicles in the movie are actually living beings with biological innards protected by a Car-like exoskeleton. Seriously now, they are only fictional.
- They also assume that Mater has autism. No kidding.
- They vandalized the Cars (Franchise) page on Wikipedia by adding false facts or random garbage on the pages such as this. But wait, there was more.
- Some of them ship Lighting McQueen with Jackson Storm. Both of whom are enemies!
- They make jokes about Lighting McQueen getting a car crash in the third movie despite the fact that it's not even funny to begin with.
- Some make self-insert ships.
- A portion of this fandom consists of nostalgiatards of the 2000s.
- Be careful about saying you dislike Cars (mainly the first one) because they would correct your point or make up unclever memetic insults.
- They somehow create strange artwork of the characters such as the vehicles getting pregnant (also not making this up), or whatever else you can think of.
- Some of them won't shut up about Cars 4 despite the fact that fan demand does not help at all. They would go as far as making this petition.
- Speaking of Change.org, don't look up anything related to Pixar Cars on Change.org because you will find petitions like Make a live-action Cars movie, Revive Doc Hudson, or Make September 5 National Lighting McQueen Day.
- Typical for the Disney Fandom, they seem to ignore that some of the vehicles are based on real-life models rather than just made up cars. For instance, Mack is based on the 1985 Mack Super-Liner, Cruz Ramirez being inspired by the Nissan 370z and the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, The King is based on Petty's aerodynamic 1970 Plymouth Superbird, Sally Carrera being based on the Porsche 911, Doc Hudson is based on the 1951 Hudson Hornet, Luigi being based on the 1959 Fiat 500, the list goes on.
- They call it "overhyped". Like really? Overhype doesn't mean bad you know.
- They accuse Mater of why the films are bad.
- They don't give a reason why they don't like the films.
- They hate Cars 1 and 3 ONLY because of how bad Cars 2 is.
- They hate it because it doesn't have car puns. Puns don't really make a good film.
- They called it an insult to Pixar.
- They think the characters are based on stereotypes.
- Kind of like the Frozen hatedom, they only hate the movie because it's popular.
- They only hate it because its Rotten Tomatoes score is lower than all of Pixar's other movies and 75% isn't even terrible.
- Some haters act like this is the only Pixar film that didn't get critically acclaimed. Brave, Monster's University and The Good Dinosaur all didn't get critically acclaimed either.
- In almost every Pixar discussion boards or videos, there's always those few people who has to point out how much they hate Cars.
- They think it's a cash-grab just made to sell toys.
- Some of them are mature and they tolerate views on the films.
- Unironic fans are so common that you'd likely expect the fandom to be mostly like so.
- At least they didn't flip out when they found out that Happy Feet won the 2007 Oscar award for a best animated film.
- Some do give out valid criticism as to why Cars 2 wasn't that great such as Mater hogging the spotlight instead of McQueen (who is the main character), the story being a spy comedy and not a racing movie, Mater being flanderized, etc.
- On the other side of the coin, some could like Cars 2 in a mature way.
- Good memes and fan-art are still present.
- Not all of them are objectophiles since they are vehicles.
- Some wait maturely a possible fourth film.
- Some are aware that the fictional characters are based on real-life models. In fact, they can actually appreciate these models.
- They do point out that A Car's Life: Sparky's Big Adventure and The Little Cars in the Great Race are rip-offs of Pixar's Cars.
- In audition, they also do give out constructive criticism as to why the spin-off, Planes is just plain bad such as the storyline having a similar structure to Pixar's Cars, blatant stereotypes, weak humor, unnecessary subplots, etc. Even though some would like it as a guilty pleasure.
- They do have a point that the Cars franchise is not the best of the Pixar films.
- Some less toxic and mature haters like Schaffrillas Productions have good reasons as to why the Cars films aren’t as critically acclaimed as other Pixar films (except The Good Dinosaur and Brave) and can be nice to others on those who like the films.
- Some are aware of how bad they can be.