Castlevania is a series of action-adventure horror video game series about vampire hunters created and developed by Konami. Castlevania is largely set in the eponymous castle of Count Dracula, the main antagonist of the Belmont clan of vampire hunters. It's one of Komani's most critically acclaimed franchises and it has been released on various platforms, from early systems to modern consoles, as well as handheld devices such as mobile phones. The franchise has also expanded into other media such as comic books, an animated TV series, several spin-off video games, and a toxic fandom.
What is a toxic fan? A miserable little pile of secrets and here's why
- Many of them treat Konami like trash thinking that they can force the Konami staff into making a new Castlevania game or certain ports. Oh, come on? You can't just run the video game industry! They also make tons of petitions related to it.
- Rather than just enjoying Castlevania, a bloody number of them would see Castlevania and it's songs as gifts from heaven. Especially when it comes to certain Castlevania games such as Symphony of the Night or Super Castlevania 4.
- Do not say you dislike Castlevania or they will try to chase you like bats. Some would go as far as doing this petition.
- Due to how difficult the game can be, you got rage quitter who can easily annoy you. Holy cow, please take a break. Though we can understand how hard Castlevania can be.
- Some of them are edgelords simply because of how the series is horror-themed and that some games are rated M for mature.
- Sometimes, they cannot tolerate people who would have different views on some games (even if it's good criticism). Don't believe us? read some of the comments of this article. Do they think that everyone should like every single Castlevania game in existence? Besides, let everyone like or dislike certain Castlevania games since that's their opinion.
- The Classicvania vs Metroidvania debates. Especially the ones in GameFAQs and this is all we really need to say.
- Not even crazy fangirls are safe from this fandom. This is mostly because of things like Richter Belmont, Alucard, Leon Belmont, Trevor Belmont, Hector, etc. This also applies to crazy fanboys as well when mentioning females such as Sypha Belnades and Carmilla for example.
- When it comes to the TV series alone, they are so impatient for a new season. A most recent example would be season 4 which is set to appear sometime in 2021.
- Some of them are nostalgiatards just because of how Konami is nowadays or whatever else. Just look up any video related to an old Castlevania game and you the idea.
- When Castlevania Anniversary Collection was revealed, a portion of this fandom rioted about Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood being absent in the collection. Well, you can't always get what you want in life and at least try emulation.
- They tend to set aside the Lords of Shadow games just because they are non-canon to the Castlevania franchise alone. Being non-canon does not mean that Lords of Shadows is a bad game. At least give the game a chance somehow. Though they may have a point that Lords of Shadow 2 is a bad game and Mirror of Fate being the mixed bag in the series.
- When it comes to character design in the series, they would immaturely get into fights over a simple character design (Simon Belmont himself is a good example of this since he gets that a lot).
- Speaking of Castlevania Judgement, some of them are part of the Anime Hatedom just because of Judgement's art style and the fact that the artist who did the character designs was none other than Takeshi Obata (who worked on Death Note). The reason behind this is because some immaturely mock the art style used in Judgement. Ironically enough, they literally just ignored that Castlevania was created in Japan alone making them hypocrites in some form.
- Another irony is that some dislike Judgment for its art style yet some would like Death Note. In other words, some just ignore that the art style was still in the hands of Death Note's Takeshi Obata.
- And let's not forget that they don't seem to be bothered by anime art style in any Castlevania related media that are not in Judgement such as the Netflix animated series or some sprites and artwork such as the ones found in Rondo of Blood.
- They claim that their fanbase is not toxic and it's all in good hands. However, they deny their toxicity since they have done some toxic moves before such as having nostalgiatards for instance.
- They would even try to pin the blame on the fans of the Netflix series for making the fandom toxic or being more toxic than the fans of the video game series. Oh boy, this is indeed not handling the truth.
- They annoy other people with Dracula's "what is a man a miserable little pile of secrets" line way too much. So much that it becomes stale and irritating after a little while.
- Some fans of the Netflix series never even played a Castlevania game yet they disguise themselves as people who have played some of the games before.
How Some Has Vanquished The Horrible Night?
- Some fan-arts and cosplays made by them are cool.
- They are right about the bad qualities of certain games of the series.
- They are right about Konami's actual status
- Some Netflix Castlevania fans might have played the games before. If not, they can be truthful yet still enjoy the series.
- Some fans are careful enough to tolerate different views of Castelvania or any of the games.