Charizard (Pokémon) Fandom and Hatedom
Charizard (Japanese: リザードン Lizardon) is a dual-type Fire/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Charmeleon starting at level 36. It is the final form of Charmander. It can Mega Evolve into two forms: Mega Charizard X (Which is a Fire/Dragon Unlike the Normal and Mega Y forms) using Charizardite X and Mega Charizard Y using Charizardite Y, and it also has a Gigantamax form. Charizard is the game mascot of Pokémon Red and Pokémon FireRed and appears in Pokémon Sword and Shield as Champion Leon's main and best Pokémon. While Charizard is one of the most popular Pokémon next to Pikachu, it has a toxic fanbase and an equally bad hatedom.
Why Charizard Should Use Flamethrower On Them
- Both refuse to accept other people's views about Charizard even causing conflicts between them.
- They glorify Charizard as the best Pokémon of all Time and ignore the other Pokémon, including Pikachu which, ironically enough, is the franchise mascot.
- Some fans are Genwunners since Charizard is from Gen I and is the most powerful starter Pokémon of that gen.
- They overreacted when Ash left his Charizard in the Valley during Season 3.
- Some of them even dislike the other evolved starters just because they prefer Charizard.
- If you prefer Venusaur or Blastoise over Charizard, they are likely to attack you.
- Some of the fanart with Charizard can be gross or disturbing.
- Some of them do not respect others' opinions.
- They get into debates constantly over which Mega Evolution is better; Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Charizard Y.
- Some Genwunners say that Ash loses the leagues just because he didn't bring Charizard when Ash won the Alola league without him and Charizard himself made him lose in the Indigo League.
- Moderntards are part of it's hatedom.
- Every time Game Freak reveals something new to Charizard, they go crazy.
- Some are rabid Blastoise fans.
- They loathe Charizard just for its popularity.
- When Gigantamax Charizard was revealed, the hatedom got worse and they criticized him thinking that Game Freak was exploiting Charizard and Kanto.
- Some haters loathe Pokémon Sword and Shield just because of Charizard's overrepresentation in those games.
- Some of its haters seem to only hate it for its huge weakness to Stealth Rocks, despite several other well-regarded Pokémon (such as Ho-Oh, Moltres and Volcarona) having the same weakness.
- Speaking of Stealth Rocks, they make memes in mockery towards Charizard being weak to these rocks.
- Some Charizard fans and haters are nice and respect anyone's opinions.
- They are right to gripe about Ash's Charizard not obeying Ash's orders during the Indigo season, since Charizard just became a load and hinderance to Ash.
- They do have a point about Charizard not appearing in the Sinnoh seasons of the Pokémon anime.
- The fans made some great fanart of Charizard.
- Some have valid reasons why they don't like Charizard.