Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) Fandom and Hatedom
Claude is a main character in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and is a leader of the Golden Deer. Possessing the Crest of Riegan, he is the heir to House Riegan, the permanent house of its leader through his mother. Though he was born in 1162, he was not called an heir until 1179, a year before enrolling at the Officers Academy. While he may be one of the most popular character in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, he also had a toxic following as well as toxic haters.
Why Both Sides Take Themselves So Seriously
- One of the simplest reasons is of course, they would blindly hate on Black Eagles and Blue Lions. They would go as far as dishonoring (in a toxic way) Edelgard and Dimitri without giving them a chance.
- Speaking of Black Eagles and Blue Lions, they mock both sides simply because according to them, the Dimitri and Edelgard are more serious compared to Claude, thus doing stuff like this Tweet.
- They think that everyone loves Claude when there are some who may not like him that much.
- Suprisinly enough, they idolize him like he was the son of Jesus Christ. Disagree and they will mock you.
- Not just Claude, they exalt Joe Zieja simply because he voiced Claude. Voice acting does not dictate the quality of a character.
- Shipping wars are pretty common simply because this is a Fire Emblem character we are talking about.
- They only play the Golden Deer just to see Claude without realizing that other characters exist as well.
- Some of them only like him for being "sexy" or being a "sexy brown boi" according to some fans.
- They only care about his skin color instead of his actual character.
- Similar enough, For some suprising reason, Claude somehow became a meme thus leading people to only like either Claude just becauses of the memes instead of his actual character.
- To make things more stupider, they only liked Claude simply because how he was upside down on the cover. It's just a game cover, DANG!
- They would easliy forget that the other main characters Edelgard, Dimitri and Byleth as well. His fanbase does that even more so compared to the fanbases of Dimitri and Edelgard. Do you know why? because of his insane popularity.
- They spam "Fear the Dear" on anything related to Golden Deer to the point that it will get old.
- Hypocrisy: some fans thought that the Golden Deers are boring, yet they act like they care about the Golden Deers.
- They cried like babies when Claude was not bisexual or gay compared to Gilbert, Alois and Linhardt. The reason being because of some rumors suggesting that he is bisexual. You do realize that there is more to character than romance. Read the very last comment
- They even this this petition on Change.org. Petitions do not work like that guys. Besides, there is more to Fire Emblem than just the parings and you fools treat pairings like juvenile children. Fire Emblem is mostly about stragety RPG that has a story that involve fantasy medival or renaissance action, not some love simulation. Thats like saying you only care about the parings in The Loud House instead of realizing that The Loud House is only a slice-of-life comedy series, not a romance drama.
- They mainly come from the toxic fans of the Black Eagles and Golden Deer.
- Some used to like Claude, but ever since his character development in the Golden Deer route, they hate him. Do you expect him to be prefect?
- They hate Claude for being popular. Just because Edelgard and Dimitri are not as popular as Claude does not mean you get to hate on him.
- Ever since false rumors stating that Claude was biseual, they started hating on him for not being bisexual.
- They make immature reasons to not like Claude.
- They think that Claude's personality is stupid because of how Edelgard and Dimitri are more serious compared to Claude. Look guys, not everyone has to be badass and serious. Do you really expect Claude to be serious? That is like saying you hate Avengers: Endgame simply because of how Hulk and Thor was potrayed. This if Fire Emblem were talking about.
- They fail to realize that Claude was placed 2nd in a popularity poll for Fire Emblem: Three Houses in a Nintendo DREAM magazine while also being popular towards the western audience. Also, there is still some mature Claude fans as well.
- Not all of them complained about Claude being straight.
- Some Claude memes can be funny.
- Some may have good reasons to like him.
- Some don't hate Blue Lions or Black Eagles.
- A lot of great fan art.
- Cringey fan art related to Claude is rare so that is not much of a problem.
- Some are aware of his flaws.
- His hatedom is mostly hard to find, but still toxic.
- The fandom is much more toxic.
- They do have a point about his flaws.
- They have good reasons to not like him.
- They are not as toxic compared to Edelgard's haters.