Corrin (Fire Emblem) Fandom and Hatedom
Corrin is the main character and the avatar of Fire Emblem Fates, and is considered to be the main lead character of that game. Like Robin in Awakening, players have the option to customize Corrin at the start of the game. Corrin was born in Hoshido as the child of Mikoto and Sumeragi. Corrin is the younger half-sibling of Ryoma and Hinoka and the older half-sibling of Takumi and Sakura. Corrin was kidnapped as a young child and was raised in the kingdom of Nohr while gaining new siblings which are Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise. There was a war between Hoshido and Nohr and two of the kingdoms were met on the battlefield. The player must choose a side with one of the kingdoms and help then with their causes or be neutral to having two kingdoms join together. Corrin also has a toxic fandom and hatedom that share similar conflicts to both kingdoms.
Why Both Sides Are At War
- Neither sides are good at respecting other people's opinions of the character.
- They actually think Corrin is Albino... seriously?
- They mostly care about female Corrin than the male one.
- They don't just like female Corrin, they magnify her like a goddess.
- If you were to say you like male Corrin instead, they will attack you.
- There was even a GameFAQs board stating that female Corrin is more canon that male Corrin, which is plain idiotic.
- They only like her because of her thighs and her bikini outfit in Heroes.
- Some of her fans are weeaboos, for that matter.
- Fans on both sides of Corrin's gender make pointless reasons why they hate either gender, such as the voice. The voice does not dictate the quality of the character.
- Shipping Wars are frequent.
- Some don't even realize that both Corrins have flaws just like most fictional characters in existence.
- Speaking of wars, a lot of them are at war over which side would be better for Corrin. In fact, don't get us started in the Hoshido vs. Nohr wars on the internet.
- When they see Corrin defeating a character from either Hoshido or Nohr, they will disrespect those who prefer either side, such as "Hoshido Rules, Fuck Nohr".
- They use 'true fan logic' like "You are not a true fan if you play as female Corrin.", yet a true fan would choose either gender maturely and will show respect to both genders.
- They may even be sexist... and that's all we will say on the matter.
- Female Corrin fans bully Male Corrin fans when he lost to Ninian in a Heroes Voting Gaunlet.
- Many usages of salt jokes, or even "corn" jokes.
- The Female Corrin fans act more immature than the Male Corrin fans.
- They only like Corrin all because they are barefoot.
- Some seem to hate Corrin simply because of their hatred of Fire Emblem Fates itself.
- Corrin was the main reason why many people became a bit like manchildren when a Fire Emblem character becomes playable in SSB4, though primarily because of how divisive Corrin seems to be.
- They make jokes about Corrin's personality.
- A user named SomePkmn-LovingDude made Corrin hate art and anti-stamps of them.
- If you were to say you like Corrin, chances are they will make fun of you.
- Many of them hate Masahiro Sakurai and are also part of the Smash Bros fandom.
- In fact when Corrin was announced as DLC in Super Smash Bros. 4, many of them became upset just because they wanted for instance Bandana Dee from the Kirby games, Krystal from Star Fox, Shovel Knight, Knuckles the Echidna from the Sonic franchise, Rayman, Shantae, Isaac from Golden Sun, Sceptile, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Zero from Mega Man X, Paper Mario, Impa from The Legend of Zelda or other moronic picks (such as Goku, Sora, Shrek, or John Cena).
- Some even call Corrin a carbon copy of the Fire Emblem characters in Super Smash Bros., which is not true at all.
- They believe that Corrin has no reason to be added in Super Smash Bros., which is a shallow claim and a biased argument.
- The infamous “Would you replace Corrin with” threads in GameFAQs, is there anything else to even say.
- Even long after Corrin's time, the fan and hatebase still go on about it.
- They seem to think everyone hates Corrin, which is only because these haters care about themselves.
- Some go as far as thinking that Corrin has "no personality"...
- Both have sane and mature fans who respect opinions on the character.
- Not all of them are sexist.
- There are still wonderful fanart and fanfics of them.
- They respect people regardless of which sides they pick.
- They have a fair reason to why they like a ship or gender of Corrin and will respect others as well.
- Not all of them hate Takumi and Camilla, or any other character.
- They are aware of the flaws that Corrin has.
- The good portion (and some of the bad part) has calmed down since then.
- They have a point that Fire Emblem Fates is a mixed bag in the series.
- They have a point about the flaws of both Corrins.
- Some hate them for a fair reason and will respect others as well.
- They also have a point that Corrin is not the best main character.