Crash Bandicoot Fandom
Crash Bandicoot is a franchise of platform video games that started in 1996 created by Naughty Dog and it became really popular, however, after 1999 with the release of Crash Team Racing, Naughty Dog lost the rights of the franchise and the new games where made by new developers and the series went on a different direction. Crash Bandicoot is known to have a toxic nostalgia-based fandom.
Why This Fandom Is Toxic Waste
Note: some of these reasons only apply to the fandom in 2017.
- The fandom is mostly filled with Nostalgiatards, 90's kids and purists.
- They share some similarities with the Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom and the Spyro the Dragon Fandom.
- Most of them are part of the Naughty Dog Fandom, the Activision Hatedom and the Microtransaction Hatedom
- They glorify the original Playstation games and Naughty Dog and will never stop praising them.
- Most fans will bash everything about the post Naughty Dog games, including the N.Sane Trilogy and CTR Nitro-Fueled.
- There are even some fans who blindly dislike those games just because they were not made by Naughty Dog.
- Some of them have lame reasons why they despise the post Naughty Dog games.
- Before 2019, many fans hated the post-ND characters, including Crunch Bandicoot and Nina Cortex.
- Also PlayStation fans were furious when Activision announced the N. Sane Trilogy would be released on the Switch and Xbox One.
- And a vast majority of the fandom have a burning hatred for Crash of the Titans and Crash Mind Over Mutant only because they changed the gameplay style and redesigned the characters.
- In fact, those two games are often seen as the worst games in the series even though they're good games on their on right.Plus, Crash Boom Bang! is the worst game in the whole franchise.
- Both games even have pages on Crappy Games Wiki and most of the reasons why they suck are because of the changes in the gameplay and characters.
- They claim that Titans and Mind Over Mutant killed the series even though they were kinda well received.
- They are also hypocrites, for example, they hate Crash of the Titans because it is different but they also hate Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex because it was too similar to Crash Bandicoot 3.
- They can't accept changes, for example, back in 2017 many fans started to complain about the smallest details in the N.Sane Trilogy, going as far as saying that they botched the game just because of some small changes. Another example of this being how they hated many of the remastered songs just because they feel different or have different instruments which don't really makes them bad because the composition is still the same. The same happened to Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled but to a lesser extent.
- They also complain about the characters being a lot more wacky and cartoony in the remakes which is just stupid considering that Crash Bandicoot is supposed to be cartoony.
- They often oppose views of fans who like the post-ND games, one example of that being with this video where the reviewer attacks any viewer who likes or defends the game.
- On that topic, they will always attack anyone who says anything positive about the Titans games, as well as anyone who likes Wrath of Cortex.
- While rare, some fans even attack the developers of those games. The video above is an example of this.
- Though rare, some fans make porn and rule 34 arts of the female characters like Coco (who is underage), Tawna, the Nitro Squad (Ami, Megumi, Liz and Isabella) and Nina Cortex. Even worse is some fans make incest r34 of Crash and Coco and Cortex and Nina.
- They ravaged The Meme Community back in 2017 due to the overusage of the woah meme.
- Crash Bandicoot fans can't handle other people's opinions as seen above, both sides act like immature children if you dare criticize anything they like.
- The Crash Team Racing fans never stop hating on the Mario Kart games, Sega Allstars Racing games and Team Sonic Racing.
- They not only love Crash Team Racing and Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, they exalt it.
- On some gameplay videos for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, some Crash Team Racing veterans have attacked people that are playing the game for not “playing it properly.”
- They hated on RGT 85's review on Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled when it's His opinion.
- They start flame wars with the Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom when they say Team Sonic Racing is better
- They also start flame wars with the Mario Kart Fandom when they say Mario Kart is better
- Many fans (specially on Reddit) in 2019 are always making posts about new characters they want to see in CTR Nitro Fueled, which isn't a bad thing but there are some fans who go way too far when asking for new characters, for example, there's one user on Reddit who wants an iron checkpoint crate as a playable character which is ridiculous.
- Some fans from Reddit overpraise Rilla Roo, a character who has only appeared in Crash Bash.
- As of August 2019, they don't stop ranting about CTR having microtransactions.
- They blame the Crash Bandicoot Twitter account and Beenox for adding microtransactions when it was not their fault.
- They think the microtransactions ruined the game even though they're 100% optional and they don't affect gameplay at all.
- They Exterminated The Furry Community
- Most fans respect opinions now.
- There's still a good amount of fans who like or at the very least respect all of the games outside the Naughty Dog era
- As of 2019, many fans have started to like or respect the content from the Post-ND games due to them being added in CTRNF
- The fanbase has gotten better after being at their worst in 2017.
- They do have a point that Crash Boom Bang is the worst game in the series.
- At the least it isn't the most toxic video game fandom ever.
- The woah meme is dead since 2018.
- There are some cool fangames.
- Not all fans in it hate the post-naughty dog games, in fact, many want Crash Twinsanity to be remade since it had a lot of cut content and ended up only having about 12 levels not counting the hub worlds.
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Fandom
- Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant Hatedom
- Crash Twinsanity Ironic Fandom and Hatedom
- Spyro the Dragon Fandom
- Coco Bandicoot Fandom
- Crunch Bandicoot Fandom
- Tawna Bandicoot Fandom
- Nitro Squad (Crash Bandicoot) Fandom
- Nina Cortex Fandom and Hatedom
- Rilla Roo Ironic Fandom
- Crash Bandicoot Woah Ironic Fandom
- Dingodile Fandom
- Evil Coco Fandom
- Pasadena O'Possum Fandom and Hatedom
- Yaya Panda Fandom
- Ripper Roo Fandom
- The Komodo Brothers Fandom
- King Chicken (Crash Bandicoot) Ironic Fandom
- Zam and Zem (Crash Bandicoot) Hatedom
- Baby Crash and Baby Coco Hatedom