Danganronpa is a series of visual novel adventure video game series created by Spike Chunsoft. The series follows groups of high school students who are forced into a murder game. Gameplay in the main Danganronpa games is split into three main styles: Daily Life, Deadly Life, and Class Trial. Daily follows a standard visual novel style as players explore the school grounds, converse with characters and move the story forward. During designated 'Free Time' sections, players can choose to interact with a character of their choice, learning more about them and earning new skills that can help them in the Class Trial. Deadly is the post-murder investigation part of the story, in which you have to search around certain rooms and gather clues for the Class Trial. The Class Trial is the main gameplay mode of the series, in which students discuss amongst themselves who the culprit is. This involves various different types of mini-games, the most common of which is the Nonstop Debate. Here, characters will automatically discuss the case, and it is up to the player to spot contradictions in their statements and shoot them using "Truth Bullets" containing the corresponding evidence. The main antagonist of the series is Monokuma who is seen as a strange, remote-controlled teddy bear that proclaims himself to be the headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy and initiates a life of mutual killing among the students. He has various copies of himself throughout the academy and will punish anyone that attempts to attack him or breaks the academy's rules. The series received positive reviews from critics, praising the series' characters, tone, and atmosphere, but it's not safe from having a toxic fanbase.
Why They Should Get The Ultimate Punishment
- They somehow compare Monokuma to Adolf Hitler just because they both associated with violence and chaos in some way. They even think that Kokichi Ouma is a Nazi.
- They hate Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School so much that they can try to force people into disliking the anime series.
- They trash so much on Bryce Papenbrook simply because they thought he was voicing Kokichi Oma (Even though he's currently voiced by Derek Stephen Prince). When they found out it was debunked, they celebrated it like crazy! This article can explain.
- Another similar thing happened to Christina Vee when she was announced to voiced Monaca Towa No joke
- It's really easy to spot some trolls who would somehow spoil the series on the YouTube comments. Hell, not even Tumblr and Amino is safe with these people. If that's not enough, they can even try to spoil the series on non-Danganronpa content.
- Edgelords are still present in this fandom due to the game series being rated M for Mature. Even weeaboos are part of this as well due to it's anime-like art style.
- Don't say you dislike the most popular characters such as Mikan Tsumiki, Kyouko Kirigirl, Chiaki Nanami, Nagito Komaeda, etc because they will throw a big fit. A good reason why you don't treat your favorite characters like Gods.
- On the flip side, they demonize some characters they dislike.
- There have been people would fight over a hairstyle of a certain character. What even...
- Many of them seem to only care about the ships rather than the story thus ignoring that Danganronpa is just a Murder Mystery. Rember the fandoms of The Loud House, Voltron, and Fire Emblem doing this move? Yeah, you do!
- Some diehard shippers are sexist because they dislike the girl characters just because they "get in the way in the ships".
- This is one of those fandoms where you can find a lot of shipping conflicts and waifu wars. They will get really upset if you don't support certain ships.
- People who tend to roleplay anything related to the Danganronpa series would somehow invade comment sections down to the point when it turns out to become "spam".
- Much like the SuperMarioLogan Fandom, they would have huge double standards when it comes to the characters. When a female character does something morally ambiguous or straight-up wrong, they're immediately condemned, but when a male character does it, they're always praised for their complexity.
- Since Danganronpa has two animes in the form of Danganronpa: The Animation and Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School, you can still find some elitists who try to be superior towards everyone else just because they watch the animes in Japanese instead of other languages.
- One time, an actual transgender woman who lives and was born in Japan made a post on Tumblr regarding Chihiro's situation, why he did what he did, and how he should not be labeled as transgender simply because things such as gender are different in Japan than they are in America. They were then attacked by rabid fans, to the point where they had to delete their blog.
- Many of them would have the guts to shove their headcanons on everyone's faces.
- Back to the topic of waifus. Many of them seem to treat their favorite characters like they were real people when they are just fictional. Also, keep in mind that many of the characters are still in high school.
- They would somehow think that everyone who like a certain character would act like whatever the heck you can think off.
- Every time a character they liked dies in the series, they go nuts in a toxic way.
- The Dananronpa meme spam thing. No explanation needed.
- You can still find some strange NSFW artwork related to the human characters. As mentioned before, they are still high school students who are possibly around 17 or so.
- Just because of Monokuma some are apart of the dark potion of The Furry Community.
- Don't ever search up Danganronpa on Change.org because you will find petitions such as "have a remote host a Danganronpa tonight", "Make Danganronpa Super Mix the official anthem of the "senko stans" Discord server","remove Danganronpa V3’s ending from the canon", "Make Bryce Papenbrook Voice Every Character in Danganronpa V3", "A GOOD FEMALE Danganronpa PROTAG", "Ban Kae Shirogane from every Danganronpa group", "Have Lady liberty replaced with Nagito Komaeda from Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair", "Make My Little Brother Voice Monokuma In the Next Danganronpa Game", "Save Kiibo", "Teruteru Hanamura appreciation", "Free My Man Yamada", "Let Shoko Eat His Chicken Nuggets", "End Nagito Komaeda", and "MAKE SANSMAEDA Cannon".
- They overuse the word "despair" a lot of times. So much that it becomes stale like pancakes left overnight.
Why They Can Survive (Redeeming Qualities)
- Some nice fans who are willing to accept other people's tastes still exist. Think about it, if you were lucky enough, then you should be fine.
- You can still find some amazing artwork they create.
- Some are fine with the character's death.
- Some can have a legit reason as to why they liked/hate some characters thus seeing them the way they are.
- They do have a point about the possible flaws Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School has.
- If you're lucky enough, some may enjoy Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School.
- Some are aware of how toxic the fandom can be such as The Rpg Monger.
- It's still possible to find people who would give out a spoiler warning or a spoiler filter rather than just being trolls.
- A lot of memes can still be funny if done the right way.