Dimitri (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) Fandom and Hatedom
Note: Not to be confused with Dimitri Coats the musician.
Dimitri is a main character in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and is a leader of the Blue Lions. Possessing the Crest of Blaiddyd, he is the crown prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. He was born in 1162 as the eldest son of King Lambert; his mother, the queen consort, perished in a plague that was later cured by Conelia. He was friends with Edelgard during her exile and she taught him how to dance. Dimitri gave her a dagger as a token of affection before she returned to the Adrestian Empire in 1174. He was the only surviving royal of the Tragedy of Duscur in 1176 thus leading uncle Rufus of Itha ruled as regent in Dimitri's steed. Dimitri saved and befriended Dedue who became his vassal. While he may be well received, he also has a toxic following.
Why Toxicity Is Evil On Both Sides
- Both make lame jokes about him being "edgy".
- Thanks to this goddamn GameFAQs post. They think Dimitri is Russian simply because of how his name is Russian origin meaning "follower of Demeter"
- As what you would expect, they would blindly hate on Black Eagles and Golden Deer without giving them a chance. They would even go as far as treating Edelgard and Claude like trash without giving them a chance.
- They treat him like he is perfect when just like every other character, he is shown to have flaws. For example, he is shown to have a strange sense of humor.
- They only like him because of his time skip outfit consisting of an eye patch or being edgy. It takes more than one outfit just to like him.
- Two important words that would occur in the Fire Emblem series, shipping wars.
- Some are sexually attracted to him to the point that he would be called "Sexy". He's only fictional for your information. GameFAQ's are a good example of this.
- Not even Dimitri is not safe from fangirls. His fangirls such as Jusbene exist. She even refers to him as a husband. You can't marry a fictional character!
- Some of them would easily forget that Edelgard, Claude and the avatar, Byleth exists as well.
- Some only care about his character design instead of his actual personality.
- They only play the Blue Lions just to see Dimitri without realizing that other characters exist.
- They mainly come from the toxic fans of Black Eagles and Golden Deer.
- This post on GameFAQs.
- They blame Dimitri because of his flaws and actions. Do you really expect him to be perfect?
- They would think that anyone who likes Dimitri is an edgelord which is just stupid.
- While rare, this may be common on GameFAQs when people would call Dimitri names like "Dumbmitri" or "Deconstructed Marth".
- Still mature fans and haters still exist.
- Both sides are not as toxic as Edelgard's fans and haters.
- Still a lot of great fan art of him.
- Some have good reasons to like Dimitri.
- Not all of them hate the Black Eagles or the Golden Deer.
- Some are aware of his flaws and limits.
- Cringey fan art starring Dimitri is really rare so this is not much of a problem.
- They have good reasons to not like him.
- Not all of them are crazy fans of Black Eagles or Golden Deer.
- They do have a point about his flaws.
- His hatedom can be pretty hard to find, making it rare in some way.