Dragon Quest Ironic Hatedom
Dragon Quest is a series of JRPG's created by Armor Project and published by Square Enix. Ever since 1986, the main series has eleven games and numerous spin-offs, manga, anime, and novels. Dragon Quest has a really huge impact on the development of console RPGs and introduced a number of features to the genre. The series focuses on a hero who is out to save a land from peril at the hands of the main antagonist, with the usual help of a group of party members. The most common elements in the series have turn-based combat, a huge variety of colorful recurring monsters (including the Slime being the series mascot), a text-based menu system and random encounters. This game was considered to be a huge success in Japan that it's even more successful than other Square Enix properties such as Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts, Drakengard, Life is Strange, Mana, and many others. Ever since the Heroes from Dragon Quest (Eleven from Dragon Quest 11, Arisu from Dragon Quest 3, Solo from Dragon Quest 4 and Eight from Dragon Quest 8) became playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC, it had gotten an ironic hatebase and it is mostly found in the Super Smash Bros. Fandom.
Why They Are The Ture Darkspawn.
- They say stuff like "Why even care about DQ?!" or “Nobody cares about Dragon Quest”, which is offensive to those that like Dragon Quest. First off, there are some western players who liked Dragon Quest and didn't we forgot to mention that Dragon Quest is very huge in Japan to the point that had become a common topic for conversation in Japan?
- When the Hero was announced as DLC, many of the Smashers were like "Boo! we don't need another sword fighter" which is just stupid and ungrateful.
- Hypocrisy: They hate the Hero for being a sword fighter newcomer yet they want other sword fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate such as Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, 2B from Nier: Automata, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, Yuri from Tales of Vesperia, Crono from Chrono Trigger, Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Dante from Devil May Cry, Artorias from Dark Souls, Dark Matter from Kirby, Masked Man from Earthbound, and many others.
- If part of the Kingdom Hearts Fandom and Hatedom who wanted Sora to become a playable character in Smash no matter how unlikely it sounds, they throw a huge fit and started hating on people who were happy for the Hero joining the roster or Dragon Quest fans. First off, Dragon Quest is a Square-Enix owned franchise while Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney. In fact, you know how strict Disney is with copyright?
- If part of the Dragon Ball Fandom who wanted Goku in Smash, they complained about the Hero joining Smash and would say "Toriyama did the artwork for Dragon Quest so they should have put the real Goku instead of bootleg Goku" which is just pure nonsense. Goku is a manga/anime character, not a video game character.
- Some would think that the Hero is a "waste of roster space" and rabidly prefer another character. Especially the unlikely ones such as Sora, Scorpion, Doomguy, and Master Chief, Assist Trophies such as Waluigi and Shadow the Hedgehog, or even non-video game characters like Shrek, Shaggy, Goku, Spider-Man and Jotaro.
- Much like the Sesame Street Hatedom, they don't understand that Dragon Quest is successful and influential because it revolutionized RPGs.
- Before the Hero was announced in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the haters will pummel people who would want a Dragon Quest rep in Smash.
- Ironically enough, some never played the games yet they hate it?
- Some could be part of the Japan Hatedom and American Video Game fans who would hate anything related to Japan.
- Speaking of the Japan Hatedom and American Video Game fans, they could possibly be the same people who would want to see western characters in Super Smash Bros without realizing how unlikely they are. These characters include Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress, Steve from Minecraft, Doomguy aka the Doom Slayer from Doom, Tracer from Overwatch, Master Chief from Halo, Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Sans from Undertale, etc.
- Some don't even realize that some video game characters such as Mario are made in Japan.
- Some could be part of the Anime Hatedom simply because of Toriyama's art style.
- Some are rabid video game fans who prefer another Square Enix game or even a non-Square Enix game.
- They hate it because it is popular in Japan. Just because it's popular does not mean it's bad.
- Speaking of the Dragon Ball Fandom, they call the deigns a rip-off of Toriyama's style despite the fact that he did Dragon Ball as well!
- They call the series "Anime Trash" or "Dragon Trash" which is unclever.
- They complained how the Hero came out first as Smash DLC before Banjo and Kazooie. Let Nintendo work on Smash Bros you impatient fools.
- Some mature haters still exist.
- Some understand that the series influences RPGs.
- Some are fine with the Hero joining Super Smash Bros.
- The hate calmed down nowadays.
- Some are aware that some characters like Sora, Master Chief, Goku and many others are unlikely in Super Smash Bros.
- Some are not crazy enough to hate Japan.