DuckTales (2017) Hatedom
DuckTales 2017 is an American animated television series originally for Disney XD and later for Disney Channel. Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series is a reboot of the original 1987 series of the same name. The series follows Scrooge McDuck who reunites with his nephew Donald Duck after he asks him to babysit his three nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, for the day. The presence of the newcomers resuscitates Scrooge's sense of adventure, leading the group to go on many new treasure-hunting expeditions and globe-trotting adventures while contending with classic villains like Flintheart Glomgold, the Beagle Boys and their mother Ma Beagle, Magica De Spell, and new ones as well. It had been considered one of the best reboots of an old classic cartoon, and a lot of fans consider it to be superior to the original. This also leads to a toxic ironic hatedom.
Why They're One Of Duckberg's Biggest Threats
- Some of them are nostalgiatards who take the 2017 reboot too seriously. Pretty obvious right?
- Ironically enough, they never give the reboot a chance and relly on only on other people and/or their nostalgia. Mainly nostalgia.
- They are the part of SJW fandom and Obsessive Anti-SJW fandom.
- Don't ever say you liked the reboot in front of the nostalgia-holics because they will come and assault you to no end.
- They don't understand the handful of good qualities the reboot has such as the Huey, Dewey, and Louie getting individual personalities, Webby and Beakley getting stronger personalities, capturing the spirit of the original show, Della Duck making her first animated debut, etc.
- They make hate art of the reboot such as a drawing of the 80's version of Huey, Dewey, and Louie putting a noose on their reboot counterparts (GWKTM made this) or Huey, Dewey, and Louie killing themselves after hearing about a reboot (SuperEquality2002)
- The Mickey Mouse Hatedom is also part of this hatedom since it does feature some characters that are associated with the mouse such as Donald, Goofy, and Scrooge.
- They use flash animation as an excuse to despise the reboot which is just as silly as using CGI as an excuse to dislike a movie.
- On a similar note, they only hate it for the art style. It takes more than an art style to dislike a show...
- They also uses Disney XD as an excuse to hate the show.
- According to the haters: they refer the 80's DuckTales like it's the "True" DuckTales while the reboot being the "Bootleg" DuckTales. Wow, talk about being egotistical. This can be just as idiotic as the Spider-Man Trilogy Fandom is saying the "true" Spider-Man Movies while the MCU Spider-Man Movies are "corney comedy flicks".
- On the subject of excuses, they make some idiotic ones such as "It's not nostalgia" or "It deserves to not get praised". ToonEGuy is an example of this.
- They don't understand that DuckTales 2017 isn't connected with the original, thus being a different timeline and a different universe.
- Even some moral guardians are part of this hatedom when they only hate the reboot simply because of their bias. One example is a review in Common Sence Media stating "I grew up in the 80s and 90s and was looking forward to the remake! There was absolutely zero remotely educational value though and tons of bad language. I heard stupid, dumb, idiot and jerk in the 5 minutes I watched it. The storyline wasn't even interesting. As a mom of a 7, 6 and 2-year-old we try to find shows that are a good family meet in the middle for the bigger boys and our youngest and this wasn’t one. So many other good to shows spend our time watching!" No Joke.
- Some are blind to the 80's DuckTales' flaws. It is very simple.
- Even before the show came out, they were already judging it.
- Some of them would even quit DuckTales all because of their strong hatred towards the reboot.
- The mindset doesn't seem to grasp that the writers behind the show take criticism very well by giving the adult characters more focus or Louie getting more character development.
- A Deviantart artist drew a hate art of HDL got hanged by the original HDL and called reboot as “smelly”. Yes! No kidding!
- When Legend of Three Caballeros was aired, some fans praised it and attack Ducktales and labelled them as “Cucktales!”
- Some of them are homophobes due to Violet's dads making their appearance in season 3.
- Some mature haters who are willing to be civil towards other opinions and have legit reasons to not like the show still exist.
- They are right about the reboot's possible flaws. For example, Scrooge's stinginess is downplayed compared to the original or Huey, Dewey, and Louie sounding way too old.
- Some do not hate Mickey Mouse.
- Some haters would tend to calm down a little later and started liking the show.
- Some do admit the flaws of the 80's DuckTales.