Note: This page will focus on both the fandoms of the original and the reboot.
DuckTales is an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation and distributed by Buena Vista Television released in 1987. Based on Uncle Scrooge comics and the Donald Duck universe, the series follows Scrooge McDuck, his three grandnephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and close friends of the group on various adventures which mostly consists of either involves seeking out treasure or thwarting the efforts of villains seeking to steal Scrooge's fortune or his Number One Dime. DuckTales has received a franchise of merchandise, including video games, merchandise, and comic books, along with an animated theatrical spin-off film entitled DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, that was released to theaters across the United States on August 3, 1990. It was the first Disney cartoon to be produced for weekday syndication and introduced a popular theme song. The show proved an immense success for Disney which includes merchandising, a spin-off series titled Darkwing Duck, a 2017 reboot, and a toxic fandom.
Why They're One Of The Beagle Boys
- Some of them are nostalgiatards who take the 2017 reboot too seriously. Pretty obvious right? In fact, they never give the reboot a chance.
- Both fans of the 1987 series and the 2017 series would at least try to start flame wars over which adaptation is better. Also, keep in mind though that both series have their pros and cons. The 2017 reboot had Scrooge's stinginess being downplayed compared to the original. The original series had Webby being a little sister stereotype compared to her 2017 counterpart. With that said, a real fan would respect what both series tried to bring on the table.
- They don't seem to realize that DuckTales was based on the Uncle Scrooge comics by Carl Barks (or Don Rosa) and most likely haven't read or cared for them.
- They even ship Huey and Dewey which is incest.
- On the topic of the 2017 reboot, some of them are against Cartoon Network thus making comments such as "Take notes Teen Titans Go, this is how you reboot a show" or "Disney XD: I'm about to end Cartoon Network's career"
- This goddamn petition that claims that DuckTales Remastered is sexist.
- Some would think that Webby is related to Huey, Dewey, and Louie when her only relative so far is Mrs. Beakley.
- They chastise Webby Vanderquack for being an annoying character.
- Some users think Count Duckula rips off DuckTales just because they have ducks. With that knowledge, they don't seem to be bothered that some shows other than Count Duckula have ducks (such as Peep and the Big Wide World). Hypocrite much?
- They despise Scrooge McDuck because he’s greedy but little do they know that he actually cared about his nephews.
- Not all fans act like this since they are some that are mature.
- You can still find some kid-friendly fan art.
- Some fans of the 80's DuckTales can still enjoy the 2017 Reboot.
- Some can make some civil pros and cons of both shows.
- Some may have heard, read, or cared about the Uncle Scrooge comics.
- They paid respects to Alan Young, June Foray, Chuck McCann, and Russi Taylor.