Fatal Fury Ironic Hatedom
Fatal Fury is a series of fighting games created by SNK. It is known for the two-plane system where characters fight from two different planes. By stepping between the planes, attacks can be dodged with the east. Later on, the series has replaced the two-plane system with a complex system of dodging including simple half-second dodges into the background and a three-plane system. Characters have moves that can attack across the two planes, attack both planes at once, or otherwise attack dodge characters. The series focuses on the Lone Wolf Terry Bogard and the simutaneous fall of criminal empire Geese Howard. It takes place in a fictional American city called South Town which is filled with violence and corruption. While the series had been sucessful, it has a toxic group of haters.
Why They Are Not Okay
- This mainly comes from the already toxic The King of Fighters Fandom and the SNK/NEO-GEO Fandom who hates it for the wrong reasons.
- The haters blindly hate Fatal Fury which is ironic since the game series made KoF exist.
- Back in the days when Fatal Fury came to existence, few KoF fans thought it was cool to hate it simply because it looked almost like Street Fighter. This lead to having fans think that King of Fighters would be better off without Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury characters. Nowadays, Fatal Fury has gotten a lot more attention very fast back then.
- According to them, they believed that World Heroes and Time Killers were more popular than Fatal Fury when it is false. If Fatal Fury was unsuccessful according to them back in the day, they why is Terry one of the most iconic SNK characters to ever exist?
- They call Fatal Fury a rip-off of Street Fighter which is not true. Street Fighter puts more emphasis on the combos while Fatal Fury puts more emphasis on the timing of the special moves.
- The toxic KoF fans somehow think that King of Fighters '94 would still be popular if no Fatal Fury characters did not appear in the game which is just stupid.
- When it comes to characters like Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Mai Shiranui, etc, they think that KoF '94 only made some Fatal Fury characters popular when some characters had different reasons why they were popular. One example was when Mai Shiranui was SNK's sex symbol because of her appearance.
- When Terry Bogard was announced in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC character, many of the Smashers were like "Who is this bastard", "Who invited that prick", "No one cares", "Anime Trash" etc. It's really disrespectful to Fatal Fury fans that's for sure.
- The reason being is because the Smashers wanted another character in a toxic way. Especially when they mention an unlikely character such as Doomguy, Scorpion, Sora, Steve, Sans, Papyrus, Tracer, D.Va, Cuphead, and Heavy, Non-Video game characters like Shrek, Goku, Iron Man, and Shaggy, or even characters that are confirmed to be an Assist Trophy (like Waluigi, Ashley, Bomberman, Shadow, etc).
- Speaking of Sans, when Sans was revealed to be a Mii Costume, the toxic part of his fandom were very upset that he was not playable such as "I wanted Sans playable, not Terry" without realizing that SNK or Fatal Fury had a lot better chances of being fully represented in Smash compared to Undertale. Obviously, because SNK is Japanese while Toby Fox is American or how SNK is more important to gaming history even more so than Toby Fox.
- Similar enough, some would even complain that there favorite SNK character that is not related to Fatal Fury (for example Marco from Metal Slug) didn't join the roster. Thankfully it's rare.
- Ironically enough, they act like they hated Fatal Fury all there life when they never bothered to give the series a chance. Especially the Super Smash Bros. part of this hatedom.
- These excuses that the Fatal Fury haters make are so nonsensical that they are the ones lacking knowledge of the series.
- Some mature haters still exist.
- Some may have a good reason why they disliked Fatal Fury.
- Hate art is non-existent.
- Some are fine with Terry joining Smash.
- Some KoF fans still understand about Fatal Fury when it comes to SNK.
- They do have a point about the series' possible flaws.