Fate (Series) Fandom and Hatedom
The Fate series is a Japanese media franchise that follows the events called the Holy Grail Wars that involve Masters, generally accomplished magi, summoning Servants, Heroic Spirits, and battling each other until the last remaining pair can claim the purported Holy Grail. It began with the visual novel, Fate/stay night, and has since gathered a number of prequels, sequels, spin-offs, and adaptations bearing the same "Fate" name. For a big franchise, it does have a toxic fandom and hatedom.
Why Their Fate Is Toxic (No Pun Intended)
- They tell you how to watch the series. For instance, they believe that “You should watch Fate/Stay Night: [Unlimited Blade Works] 2014 or Fate/Zero first, avoid Studio Deen like the Plague and the visual novel is the most perfect thing ever!” Snobbish eh?
- They will force you into spending hundreds of hours of your life reading the visual novel. Really now, how can a visual novel be more important than politics, education, money, jobs, poor people, friends, and family? We all have a life outside of the visual novel you know.
- They cannot accept the fact that the series has flaws just like any other franchise. When you try to point out criticism, they will make up bad excuses such as "The visual novel explains everything" just so they can get away with the truth.
- They want to make everyone ignore the one-third of a story because they disliked it. Really now, let everyone have their own taste in the story.
- Don't say you dislike the series (including the Anime or the Visual Novel) because they can lose their minds and try to chastise you. It gets more annoying if you were to dislike the Ufotable Fate adaptations.
- They over glorify Ufotable like it's godsend. So much so that they loathe on Studio Silverlight, Studio Lay-Duce, Studio Shaft, and Studio Deen way too much.
- Some of them are edgelords just because of Fate/Zero. They overpraise it so much they blindly hate on the rest of the series thus calling them "kids shows". Remember Raimi-tards doing this to the MCU? Of course, you have.
- They are so picky towards Fate/Extra Last Encore since they would make up excuses such as "This is not Fate", "Saber has too big tits!", "What the hell is with those body proportions", etc.
- They often trash on Shirou and Hakuno way too much to no end. Yes, we all have our own opinion, but this is not right.
- Since Fate/Zero is a light novel prequel to Stay Night, the Zero fans would engage in huge conflicts with the Stay Night fans. In fact, the Zero fans want the series to be "edgy" like Zero. On the other hand, the Stay Night fans still nitpick about Zero.
- The Fate/Zero haters refer to the Fate/Zero light novel as "edgy gorefest". So they are using "edgy" as an excuse.
- They often fight about which route is better, which ship is better, and which girl is better meaning that they are not really good at handling different positions.
- Just like the fandoms of JoJo, Spider-Verse, and Super Mario Odyssey, they want people to get into the series when some people may not be interested in the series.
- Elitists claim that "you can't watch the anime, only read the visual novel".
- The Heaven's Feel fans try to act way too superior to the point that they look down on Ulitmate Blade Works just for being too close to a "battle shounen".
- Some could be part of the Anime Hatedom due to the character design and the art style used.
- They hate the series just because of the fandom. This is really laughable indeed.
- They use "overrated" as an excuse to dislike the series.
- They often refer to the fans as "weeaboos", "retards", or "dick riders" to describe the fans.
- Some could be former Fate fans, but ever since the fandom being toxic or any animation studio that isn't Ufotable, they turn their backs to it.
- They dislike the series just because of the violence and sexualization.
- They refer to the series as "Waifu series" (or anything similar), which is rather silly.
- Some are even apart of the Christianity Hatedom because some parts of the series being christian influence.
- If you are lucky enough, you can still find some mature fans and haters of the series who understand that everyone is entitled to have their own taste. Therefore, these fans and haters can have their own reasons to like or dislike the series.
- Some just like the series the way it is thus enjoying the entire series.
- You can still find some wonderful fan art.
- They can still enjoy the animation studios that aren't Ufotale.
- Some people who liked the visual novels can also like the animes.
- Some are aware of how toxic the fandom can be.
- They aren't really as widespread or as toxic as the fandom.
- They do have a point about the possible flaws the series may have. ex (slow pacing since it's a visual novel)
- They are right that Saber and Archer are unlikely to be in Super Smash Bros.
- At least hate art and hate memes are non-existent.