Fire Emblem: Three Houses Fandom and Hatedom
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a 2019 strategy RPG released for the Nintendo Switch while being developed by Intelligent Systems and Koei Tecmo Games and published by Nintendo. Set in the continent of Fódlan, it is divided between the rival nations now at peace while being connected through the Garreg Mach Monastery. Players take the role of an avatar who is a former mercenary and a new tutor at Garrag Mach. The player must choose a nation to support and guide them through a series of battles consisting in either the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, or Golden Deer. The Game still uses the turn-based strategy game as seen in previous Fire Emblem titles, but it features social simulation and time management elements. It does not feature a weapon triangle, instead, it features weapon-based skills in the form of Combat Arts which are activated in exchange for some of a weapon's durability and learned by becoming proficient in a type of weapon. While the game did get generally favorable reviews, it spawned both a toxic following and haters who hate it for dumb reasons.
Why They Are Not Allowed In The Garreg Mach Monastery Officers Academy
- It appears thar both sides cannor tolerate other people's opinions on the game.
- They will try to start flame wars on which one of the three student houses is the best. Some of these people would even try to act superior to one another. The Golden Deer fans are a really good example of this since they would make offensive and dumb memes mocking Black Eagles and Blue Lions.
- Since this is a Fire Emblem-related fandom, it's no secret that it does have some shipping wars.
- They complain about the lack of LGBT representation in Three Houses which only consisted of Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis, Dorothea, and Mercedes as female reps while Linhardt, Alois, and Gilbert as male reps. (There is more to Fire Emblem than just the shipping. Besides, the game series is about war strategy, not romance simulation.) They even go as far as making this petition.
- They glorify the entire game like if it was some gift from God.
- this memetic post on GameFAQs. as well as many other dumb threads on GameFAQs such as "is Dimitri Russian?" or the infamous "Does Edelgard deserve to be compared to Hitler" (We wish we were making it up, but we aren't.)
- They complain about the game getting downvoted on Metacritic again. Why one would think that the game is flawless when it still has flaws such as a lack of battling objective variety is a mystery.
- Speaking of GameFAQs, they want the critics to review bomb other games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- The fans literally dedicate their entire life to this game and some think it is the most important thing in the world! Seriously, how is a video game more important than homeless people, politics, money, friends, school, and family?!
- If you were to say that the game has flaws. they will pummel you like an enemy unit.
- They seem to only play the game just to see some characters (mainly some of the females) instead of everything else.
- Some are a part of the Fire Emblem Hatedom and the Nintendo Hatedom for obvious reasons as well as the Sony Interactive Entertainment Fandom and the Microsoft Fandom. Also the Anime Hatedom and the Japan Ironic Hatedom simply because of the character designs.
- If you were to say you want one of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC like Edelgard, Dimitri or Claude, they will throw immature tantrums and say there are "too many Fire Emblem characters" or even that "your opinions suck". Hypocritically however, they want unlikely and nonsensical characters to be in such as Sora, Master Chief, Doomguy, Sans, Heavy Weapons Guy, Tracer, Son Goku, Scorpion, Shrek, Steve, or characters that are already confirmed to be non-playable such as Waluigi, Shadow, Ashley, and Bomberman.
- When Byleth was confirmed to be a playable DLC character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, they threw a big fit.
- Before the game came out, some used to be hyped, but when they found out about the lack of LGBT options, they turn their backs on it.
- When the game came out on the live chat at the Nintendo E3 Direct Livestream, the chatroom was incredibly toxic simply because of waiting for another game such as Animal Crossing: New Horizons. They also said things such as "Screw anime" or "No one likes Fire Emblem".
- Before the game came out, they (perhaps a bit understandably) thought it was going to be like the next Fire Emblem Fates because of their strong hatred for that title.
- Some of them were shocked about the school setting. Sure it was weird at first, but it was ambitious.
- The haters are the ones responsible for review bombing the game on Metacritic.
- Some fans and haters still respect opinions.
- They have a good reason to like the game.
- Still wonderful fan-art.
- Some are aware of the game's flaws.
- Some are fine with the LGBT representation.
- They do have a point about the games flaws.
- Not all these haters are crazy enough to hate Nintendo or Japan.
- Some are patient for other games coming out sooner.
- The hatedom calmed down since then.
- It's not as huge as the Fire Emblem Fates hatedom.