Fist of the North Star Fandom
Fist of the North Star is a Japanese manga series written by Buronson and illustrated by Tetsuo Hara. Set in a post-apocalyptic world that has been destroyed by a nuclear war, the story centers on a warrior named Kenshiro, the successor of a deadly martial art known as Hokuto Shinken, which gives him the ability to kill most adversaries from within through the use of the human body's secret vital points, often resulting in an exceptionally violent and gory death. Kenshiro dedicates his life to fighting against the various gangs, bandits, and warlords who threaten the lives of the weak and innocent, as well as rival martial artists, including his own "brothers" from the same school. The manga was adapted into two anime television series produced by Toei Animation, which together aired on Fuji TV and its affiliates from 1984 through 1988, comprising a combined total of 152 episodes. It has since expanded into a media franchise, including several anime films, a live-action film, OVAs, video games, and a series of spin-offs centering on other characters from the original story. This franchise is one of the highest-grossing media franchises of all time thus leading to a toxic fandom.
Why They Are Already Dead!
- They constantly spam the memes "AH TATATATATATA" and "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru" (You are already dead) to no end.
- Speaking of the memes, even JoJo fanboys are part of this fandom just because of "AH TATATATATATA" and Hokuto Shinken are "JoJo references" according to them.
- Heck even the are still present in the fandom when they would make up strange comparisons to Kenshiro and Jonathan Joestar.
- They make repetitive jokes that Kenshiro preceded or is a relative of Jonathan Joestar, and that Hokuto Shinken is Kenshiro's Stand.
- They don't even know that Fist of the North Star came out first before JoJo.
- Many of them are nostalgiatards who claim that all anime protagonists should be like Kenshiro just because of their nostalgia bias. Basically, they refuse to try something new.
- They love this franchise so much, they will go as far as saying that this anime changed their lives. No kidding we are not making this up.
- Whenever someone says they dislike this series, they will always never accept the fact that everyone has a different taste in anime.
- They think that if you were to like this show, then that means you would be manly just because of it's tone. Seriously now, how can one anime change your personality? That's like saying you will become an intellectual just because you watch Rick and Morty!
- Some are even Edgelords due to its ultra-violent content.
- They even vandalized the Fist of the North Star article on Wikipedia. We have valid proof you know.
- You know, not even the 1986 film is safe from users vandalizing.
- They think that Kenshiro is godlike when he has weaknesses such as not having Raoh's level of physical strength (In fact, Kenshiro admitted that Raoh still surpassed him in strength).
- They try way too hard to act manly when they are just being stupid.
- They would make up repetitive jokes on this joke: "If anyone has a mohawk = they are already dead".
- Thanks to the meme community, nowadays the comments section on YouTube that features Fist of the North Star clips can have a bunch of memes clogging up the comments.
- Nostalgia purists overpraising the show can cause them to ignore the downsides of the show such as a TON of recap episodes or the inconsistent animation quality.
- This closed but stupid petition.
- Heck, even the infamous Sub vs. Dub wars are still present in this fandom. Also, they still make up strange and laughable excuses.
- They care more about the violence rather than just the story. No wonder you will find people who do bullet point 6.
- They think that the anime is underrated despite the fact that it's already too successful to be underrated.
- Since the Death Battle of Jotaro (JoJo) vs. Kenshiro came to existence, there would be rivalries between the two characters since Kenshiro won (Even though Jotaro won in a One Minute Melee episode against Kenshiro). The same might be said about the DBX episodes of Saitama vs. Kenshiro and Genos vs. Kenshiro when both ended in a draw.
- They think that Dragon Ball is a rip-off of Fist of the North Star when they are different from each other.
- Some fans are actually good and understand that not everyone has to like the anime.
- Some artwork and memes can be good.
- Some understand that this show does have some flaws like any other anime.
- Some take the "manime" or "manly" part as a joke.
- Not all of them are nostalgiatards. In fact, they can still enjoy modern anime as well.
- Sometimes, they get along with other anime fandoms.
- They paid respects to some people who voice some characters from the anime that died such as Kenji Utsumi, Kōji Totani, Chikao Ōtsuka, Ryūji Saikachi, Toshikazu Shiozawa, etc.