Fullmetal Alchemist Fandom
Fullmetal Alchemist is a Japanese shōnen manga series written and illustrated by Hiromu Arakawa. It was serialized in Square Enix's Monthly Shōnen Gangan magazine between July 2001 and June 2010; the publisher later collected the individual chapters into twenty-seven tankōbon volumes. The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is styled after the European Industrial Revolution. Set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the advanced natural techniques revolved around scientific laws of equal exchange, the story follows two alchemist brothers named Edward and Alphonse Elric, who are searching for the philosopher's stone to restore their bodies after a failed attempt to bring their mother back to life using alchemy. They are especially driven as Alphonse's body has been entirely removed, and he now lives as a soul trapped in a lifeless armor, while Edward has exchanged his leg to attempt to bring his mother back, and his arm to tie Alphonse's soul to a set of armor that was lying nearby. We do know that the franchise has received widespread critical acclaim and commercial success (thus being one of Square Enix's best-performing properties alongside Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest), but the fandom is still unsafe.
Why They Will Never Find Strength From Those Who Would Help Them
- As soon as Brotherhood ended, they wanted to force the crew that worked on the anime (including Yasuhiro Irie) to continue to work on the anime when you can't just force people to continue an anime series. Also, this does not help either.
- There has been a war between both versions of the anime and that's all we really need to say which is rather simple if you ask us.
- Startling enough, there have been some fangirls of Edward Elric. We are not making this up because it's pretty easy to identify Edward's fangirls as well as some pictures that depict fangirls falling in love with Edward as if this was the fangirls of Sans and King Julien all over again. This also applies to other characters as well such as Greed, Armstrong, Kimblee, Envy, etc.
- The rabid fangirls of Edward x Roy complain about Edward x Winry being canon. Seriously now, these fangirls can't just force people to make a ship canon. Besides, Fullmetal Alchemist is a dark fantasy series, not a romance story.
- Sometimes they act so superior towards other anime fandoms such as Naruto and Bleach as prime examples. Just read the title of this review and you get the idea.
- Some of them treat the series like God sent this franchise to them rather than just a franchise.
- Some of them cannot tolerate different views on Fullmetal Alchemist (even if the criticism is good). Don't believe us, just search up "Fullmetal Alchemist hate" or anything like this and you get the idea.
- Many of them treat Shou Tucker as if he's Satan just because of what he did to his daughter Nina.
- They even went as far and put Shou Tucker on villains wiki, yes he's a horrible father but he's not a villain.
- They magnify songs like Again, Melissa, Golden Time Lover, and Rewrite as if their God's favorite songs.
- They hated the fact that Roy Mustang grew a mustache. No kidding, we are not making this up and we have some commenters to prove it to you.
- They make up repetitive jokes about Edward being short due to his height. Yes, they are funny at first but it gets stale if used too much. This pretty much also applies to Nina and Alexander in their human chimera form.
- Speaking of Nina and Alexander in their human chimera form, some of them use their bestiality purposes to like the said form (Though it's rare).
- There have been some moments when they would use Nina Tucker for trolling purposes. 4Chan is a good example of this and this article would explain it.
- Edgelords are still present in this community because of certain characters such as the Homunculi,
- They even ship Edward and Alphonse together which is Incest since they're both brothers.
- Some lost their minds when Edward lost to Aang (from Avatar: The Last Airbender) in a Death Battle and that's all we have to say since it's typical.
- Some of them bashed on the 2003 anime adaption for not following the manga Similar to another fandom.
- Some #KicVic Supporters want Edward to be redub.
How They Can be Alchemists
- If you were to look hard enough, you can find some good fans out there who would not get mad a people who dislike the manga/anime.
- Some don't take their hatred towards Shou Tucker too seriously and have a legit point to why some dislike him.
- If you're lucky enough, some may actually like Shou.
- Some moved on after the anime is finished since not everything lasts forever.
- Some fangirls accepted the fact that Edward x Winry is cannon.
- Some were fine with Edward's defeat in Death Battle
- There is still some good fan-work that is easy to find.
- Western fans stood up to Vic Mignogna (Edward's voice actor) when he was falsely accuse of sexual assault.
- They paid respect to Keiji Fujiwara (Maes Hughes' voice actor) when he passed away.