Geno (Super Mario RPG) Fandom
Geno (whose real name is ♡♪!?) is a warrior from Star Road and one of Mario's partners in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. He is sent by "a higher authority" to restore peace to Mario's world. Despite being a fan-favorite and an awesome character, he has a really horrible fandom.
Why It's Toxic
- They want Geno to be added as a DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and would never shut up about it, when there are very low chances of him being there due to being owned by Square Enix, who (presumably) never even allowed Nintendo to use the character other than a Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 and a Spirit in Ultimate. Not only that, he has not made an ACTUAL playable appearance in 23 years! Though he is a bit more likely now that he hasn't been released as a Mii Fighter costume, and Nintendo taking down Super Mario RPG music on YouTube when in reality it is owned by Square Enix, supposedly.
- They will keep bringing up the excuse that Sakurai wanted to add Geno as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl and will use this excuse to try to convince people to support Geno to be added into Smash.
- On the contrary, they will try to force you to want Geno in Smash.
- Not only that, the fact that they want Geno in Smash gets annoying fast, especially since they have been wanting him since Super Smash Bros. Melee was released in 2001.
- They are so obsessed with Geno being in Smash to the point where they associate him with the series.
- Some even go as far as GLORIFYING Geno as if he was Jesus Christ and as if he's the only character that should get in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- They will attack you if you were to not want him in Smash or like him.
- They want Square Enix, who owns the rights to Geno and the rest of the Super Mario RPG cast created for the game, to sell Geno back to Nintendo, which is improbable and will probably never happen.
- They will keep asking for a remake (or even a revival) for Super Mario RPG and will not shut up about it.
- Outside of Smash, there are people who only play Super Mario RPG just to see him. Uh... what about the other characters?
- There are some who think that Geno is the best Mario character or at the very least the best Mario RPG character off all existing Mario characters. Geno is not a bad character, but there are characters that are either as good or even better than him. In fact, does this sound familiar but a lot worse?
- None of them care about Mallow, another partner of Mario in the same game where Geno appears.
- They think Super Mario RPG is mainly about Geno when it's mostly isn't.
- Some Geno fans are aware about him being somewhat unlikely to be a DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Some fans are not very obsessed about Geno getting into Smash.
- At least Geno makes a lot more sense to be in Super Smash Bros. (like Waluigi, Shadow and Zero) compared to most unlikely characters.
- His fans are not as toxic as many other toxic character fandoms
- There is a lot of great fan art of him, such as the image you're seeing right now.
- Some of his fans are nice and mature.
- Some fans actually care about Mallow as well as other characters such as Smithy.