HIV/AIDS Denialism is the belief, contradicted by conclusive evidence, that human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) does not cause acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Some of its proponents reject the existence of HIV, while others accept that HIV exists but argue that it is a harmless passenger virus and not the cause of AIDS. The loudest and earliest voice for denialism is Peter Duesberg, Ph.D., a prominent U.C. Berkeley retrovirology. He is the most notable of the denialists because of his influence and his scientific acumen in non-HIV-related work. He has contended at least since 1987 that illicit drugs, AZT (an anti-HIV drug) and other factors are the real cause of AIDS. This article will talk about why HIV/AIDS denialism is wrong in a number of ways.
Why This Belief Should Be Debunked
- Many of them use false science based on conspiracy theories, faulty reasoning, cherry-picking, jokes, and misrepresentation of mainly outdated scientific data.
- The mindset think that HIV/AIDS is a myth when there is enough evidence that claims to be true.
- A chunk of them would go as far as using "AIDS" as an insult. who would've thought!
- HIV/AIDS denialists tend to spread their claims on the internet and you cannot stop them from doing so. A good reason to why the internet is never always a good place.
- Sometimes, there can be parents who would teach kids that HIV/AIDS never happened.
- Once you correct them, there is a chance that they could shove their beliefs to no end.
- Some claim that they deny HIV/AIDS, yet they either do not know what it is or might even have AIDS in the first place. How ironic!
- They assert how they deny AIDS yet they praise some people who had AIDS as well such as Freddy Mercury, Charlie Sheen, Eazy-E, Andy Bell, Magic Johnson, Tom McBride, Mark Patton, Howard Ashman, Richard Hunt, Roy Simmons, Alan Wiggins, etc.
- It's mostly filled with witless adults, brain-dead teenagers, dumb pre-teens, foolish kids, edgelords, cyberbullies, homophobes, conspiracy theorists, and internet trolls.
- The deniers ignore the existence of AIDS just because they never got AIDS before.
- They are SO bad that even Russia wants to make AIDS denialism against the law. take a good look at it.
- They never care about health. Period.
- They act like they are causing no harm at all, but they are causing so much trouble. Do they know how fatal AIDS is? Nope, they don't!