Hunter × Hunter Fandom
Hunter × Hunter is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yoshihiro Togashi. It has been serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine since March 16, 1998, although the manga has frequently gone on extended hiatuses since 2006. The story focuses on a young boy named Gon Freecss, who discovers that his father, who he was told had left him at a young age, is actually a world-renowned Hunter, a licensed profession for those who specialize in, but are not limited to, fantastic pursuits such as locating rare or unidentified animal species, treasure hunting, surveying unexplored enclaves, or hunting down lawless individuals. Despite being abandoned by his father, Gon departs upon a journey to follow in his footsteps, pass the rigorous Hunter Examination, and eventually find his father. Along the way, Gon meets various other Hunters, including main cast members Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua, and also encounters the paranormal. The original inspiration for the manga came from Togashi's own collecting hobby. It was praised for its plot and characters that it has become commercially successful. On the other hand, the fandom is still unlikeable.
Why The Future Isn't Always Waiting For Them
- Nowadays, people are treating this series like it was God tier or that it changed their lives rather than just a franchise itself.
- Let us warn you, readers, that you should NEVER say you dislike Hunter × Hunter or that you are not into it because they will say mean things like "HxH shits on other animes/mangas", "any shonen that isn't HxH is trash" (JoJo much?) Where is HxH on your list??", "You need to have a very high IQ to like HxH", or something along those lines.
- Just like this fandom, these so-called "kings" nitpick on other shonen to the point that they think they are the boss of everything.
- Some would look down to people who dislike the Chimera Ant arc. They can also do this by downvoting.
- On a similar note, they get mean when someone points out a flaw that the series which shows how immature they can be. They will go as far as "lecturing" you about how it's actually an intelligent deconstruction of questionable writing, and on a bad day, you'll have brats calling you "stupid" for "not understanding it." Basically, they literally become the Rick and Morty Fandom of The Anime Community.
- They ignore the differences between the style of Togashi's writing and how writing should actually go in terms of quality in relation to practice.
- On many occasions, they always talk about Gon and Killua breaking up, Gon-San, and Kite getting killed. It becomes really annoying and old when you think about it.
- The even dislikebomb this video talking about how much they overrate the series showing how the refuse to handle criticism.
- They keep saying HxH is underrated when it's way too successful to be underrated.
- There have been some instances where they would take Pitou's Gender way too seriously
- A chunk of them overhype Hisoka way too much. It has been done so many times that it gets annoying quickly.
- They are very incapable of power scaling towards some of the characters. They get really mad at people who use power scaling maturely rather than the way they want to.
- They even ship Killua x Illumi. Which is clearly incest since both are related.
- Every time the manga goes on a hiatus, some will take their reactions too seriously by being impatient about it or use the Hiatus × Hiatus joke way too much. Even though they seem to still respect Yoshihiro Togashi, some would go as far as rushing him to finish up his manga.
- They legitimately think that Neferpitou is a female just because of the appearance when Pitou's gender is unknown at this point. No wonder you find people who treat this character as a wife.
- When it comes to headcanons, all they do is try to make people agree with a headcanon as if it was The Ten Commandments and not an idea.
- They can't tell what is sarcasm or what is just speaking. This makes them allergic to fun. Really now, there is nothing wrong with having fun in a good way.
- Of all the characters in existence, Tonpa gets treated like a saint rather than just a fictional character. No wonder people only like him just for the memes and not his actual character.
- Similarly, Feitan, Chrollo, Hisoka, and Killua are not safe from fanboys and fangirls who overpraise them to death.
- They are often overprotective towards a ship they like. If you can just criticize a ship, the responses will get nasty.
- They think that Leorio Paradinight is not one of the main characters in the franchise when he is seen to be one just because he befriends Gon, Kurapika, and, Killua. Also, keep in mind that the four main characters all aim to become Hunters for their own reasons
- Pedophiles are still present in the fandom because of how some nasty artwork or whatever depicts some underaged characters in a crude manner. No kidding.
- Some are apart of the Naruto Hatedom and claim that Naruto is a ripoff of Hunter x Hunter due to their similarities.
- Some JoJo fans believe that adult Gon is a JoJo's refernece, Just because a character is muscular doesn't mean it's a JoJo's reference.
- Some are mature enough to understand that not everyone has to like this anime.
- You can easily still find some good artwork. It's that simple.
- Some understand that this franchise does have its limits such as the story being slow at times or having a bad habit of introducing interesting characters just to become afterthoughts an arc later.
- Some are patient during a hiatus that the manga has.
- They still respect Yoshihiro Togashi as if they were to learn that slow and steady wins the race.
- Some can like other shonen animes/mangas maturely