Hyperdimension Neptunia Fandom and Hatedom
Hyperdimension Neptunia is a series of role-playing video games created and developed by Idea Factory. This series takes place in the world of Gamindustri which is divided into four regions/nations which are each ruled by one CPU: Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox. Each region is completely different from the others in appearance and atmosphere, with each representing a specific video game console. Lastation represents the PlayStation, Lowee represents the Wii, and Leanbox represents the Xbox, while Planeptune represents the canceled Sega Neptune. At the beginning of the story, the four goddesses are fighting each other for "shares" in a war known as the Console War. Shares are the manifestation of the belief citizens put into their goddess, and without shares, a goddess dies. Because some of the games feature time and/or dimension travel there are slight differences in the settings for each title. This successful series has spawned adaptation of manga and anime, but it also developed a toxic fandom.
Why They Aren't The Next Gen
- Some of them may act like they played the games when some never did. This can only happen to people who only watches gameplay videos. While there is nothing wrong with enjoying other people play games, but do they really need to call themselves fans just because of other people like the game. That would possibly be considered bandwagoning or circle-jerking.
- Most of them only seem to care about a specific game or two (or even only a specific character) and then turn their heads to everything else.
- They only like the series just because of the waifus and/or some fanservice that exists in the games. In other words, they NEVER care about the story or the gameplay.
- Sometimes, they don't tag their own spoilers in comments or in thread-titles themselves.
- They make a big deal of certain character negatives traits and runs with it, ruining their reputation because either they literally start to believe in their own words, or because new ones get misinformed and think that's how these characters are the same.
- The memes they make can sometimes be offensive such as this one.
- Please be careful about saying you dislike the series because they will lose their marbles. here is a visual refrence. In fact, they also do this as well when someone gives good criticism of the series.
- The reason behind this is most likely because they can at times be blind to the flaws the series has suffered such as the same bosses are overused in most games or some tedious backtracking.
- Because of how the anime style is used in the game series, weeaboos are still shown in this fandom.
- Many of the fanfics seen in anything related to Neptunia has nothing to do with the franchise and instead has a ton of OCs instead of actual Neptunia characters.
- Speaking of fanfics, they end up changing the character's personalities meaning that they either may not know anything about its source material or can't handle the canon of the games.
- When it comes to like a character, they often bow down to any desired character as in literally as if they were real goddesses. They do this move so much that they would totally trash another character. This happens to Noire and Blanc a lot of times.
- This even happens to Nepgear of all people a lot of times too, but the fans of Nepgear aren't really that toxic enough.
- Of all the characters in the franchise, Plutia gets hated so much that it seems like they are demonizing her.
- As expected. It's pretty easy to find some idiots who treat their favorite characters like love interests. No wonder you would find random mumbo jumbo such as "please step on me, Iris Heart", "is it possible for a goddess to get pregnant?", or "Uni can't be a lesbian because then I'd have no chance with her".
- Some of them are even addicted to the series as if it was an important part of their lives! No joke.
- Their behavior can even make people think that Hyperdimension Neptunia is all about fanservice when it really isn't.
- Edgelords, moral guardians and religious nuts existed in this hatedom!
- Some are SJWs,Mostly from the Body-positivity movement.
- The JRPG Hatedom plagues this hatedom!
- Some are obsessive Anti-SJWs.
- They don't just hate Hyperdimension Neptunia, they treat it as 9/11 2, Satan rising from Hell or Started a 2nd Holocaust.
- Kink Shaming is their weapon to trying wipe off the 18+ Things from various Hyperdimension Neptunia games.
- This Move may be extracted from Neptunia Fandom's Behavior. But They Blame Neptunia for Having So Much Fanservice while in reality,it isn't!
- AYTW's Worshippers see Neptunia as a creation made by Hitler on Memecord!
- WARNING:If You Go to #meme-dump at Memecord if you want to post nep-nep memes,they will go ballistic!
- Some describe Hyperdimension Neptunia Gay Which is Homophobic!
- Some are a part of the Anime Hatedom and various Anime fandoms (Except Hyperdimension Neptunia).
- There is a chance you meet a person who treats Re:Creators like if it was Denmark and Neptunia like if it was North Korea or Venezuela!
- Some will protest by forcing 18 to older people go back to Dora the Explorer not Hyperdimension Neptunia because it's the same as "Hentai".
- Some would call Neptunia fans Nepf*gs or Nepnazis.
- Some compare Rie Tanaka to Mao Zedong, Genghis Khan or even Adolf Hitler.
- Some of the Neptunia Haters are either Cartoonaboos or Koreaboos because of the Its Anime existed!
- Hypocrisy:They Hate Neptunia,yet they like something that are based from hyperdimension Neptunia.
- 2nd Hypocrisy:They Hate Melissa Fahn but They Like the characters That had been voiced by her.
- Some are either Nostalgia-Tards.
- Even Azur Lane Haters existed in this hatedom! (Because of Azur Lane had Collabed With Neptunia).
- They Dislike Neptunia because of it's fandom,Seriously? Just because the fandom is bad doesn't mean you hate it.
- Some cross the line by Wishing Death to Tsunako,Xenophobic to Japan or Threatening Idea Factory and Compile Heart to Bankrupt!
- They Act like The Great Depression Coming Back When Neptunia had Succeed in Markets!
- You can still find some great fans who like the series just the way they are.
- Some of them are civil towards certain games or characters.
- Some may have played the games.
- There is still a lot of great fan-art, cosplays, memes, and fanfictions.
- Some can enjoy the game in moderation thus not being addicts.
- Some understand that the series still has flaws like any other game.
- Some would put a spoiler warning on the game.
- Some can hate Hyperdimention Neptunia for good reasons.
- They do have a point that These Following Neptunia Games Are Bad such as CGW,Neptunia Producing Perfection and Hyperdevotion Noire.
- Mature haters who can be respectful with people who like the franchise exist.