JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Ironic Fandom
Note: Not to be confused with JoJo Siwa or Jojo's Circus
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki. Originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1987 to 2004, it moved to the monthly seinen manga magazine Ultra Jump in 2005. The series is currently divided into eight parts, each following the adventures of a new protagonist bearing the "JoJo" nickname; the eighth part, JoJolion, began serialization in May 2011. The first six parts form a saga detailing the supernatural conflicts between members of the Joestar family and various villains, while the latter two parts follow a continuity reboot, taking place in an alternate universe with plot parallels to the original. The series is famous for its iconic poses, frequent references to Western popular music and fashion, and creative designs and battles, many of which center around Stands, psycho-spiritual manifestations possessing unique supernatural abilities. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has sold over 100 million copies in print to date, making it one of the best-selling manga series in history, and has spawned a media franchise including several one-shot mangas, light novels, video games, action figures, and lines of apparel. The manga, TV anime and live-action film are licensed in North America by Viz Media, which has produced various English-language releases of the first four parts since 2005. As the years passed, it started to get a toxic following that is toxic to the point that it's laughable.
Why They're The Works Of An Enemy Stand
- Whenever someone dislikes the franchise, its characters, and/or its art style, they would commonly refuse to handle different views of the series and will endlessly come to brutally pummel the ones that dislike JoJo. Even if the reasons are legit, they will still throw a tantrum and make up unclever insults, treat their own beliefs like facts, or probably turn your point of view into a meme. They also shove offensive memes to non-JoJo fans such as this one. If you want to see them in action, why don't you go watch these goddamn videos on YouTube.
- In addition, they will force you to like JoJo.
- Ever since PewDiePie said that he started to watch JoJo, they went really crazy as if it was a miracle.
- Speaking of PewDiePie, little kids started to join the JoJo fandom and act like they are hip. Heck, JoJo isn't even meant for kids in the first place and it's like saying a little kid were to play GTA or Devil May Cry when it's not meant for the younger audiences.
- They think that everything is a JoJo refrence when it isn't. They will go as far as shoving their "facts" into other people as well. One example of this would be Jesus Christ being one just because he appeared in Part 7 when Jesus Christ existed way before JoJo ever did. Also it's offensive to people who believed in him when you think about it.
- Another example would be Dorothea from Fire Emblem: Three Houses being a "JoJo Refrence" just because of her hat having some "similarites to Jotaro's hat" when both the hats of the respective characters are completely different and they are only hats.
- They even think Red's design from Pokémon Sun and Moon is a JoJo reference.
- Heck, they are part of the Fist of the North Star Fandom just because of "AH TATATATATATA" and Hokuto Shinken are "JoJo references" according to them. Even though Fist of the North Star came out before JoJo.
- A busload of them would hate other animes that are not JoJo in the most immature way possible. They are moments when they do things like "JoJo > every other anime" or "JoJo good, every other anime bad". The reason being is because of the the elitists doing most of the damage. Especially when they would take SAO too seriously such as:
- They only hate moe anime just because it only contains cute girls.
- Some of them actually praise other animes that have one or more JoJo references. Taking the "Anime that aren't JoJo is trash" mentality into account makes it a clear case of having double standards.
- They even had the guts to mock other anime series using offensive memes. Especially when SAO is involved such as this one
- If being more superior than any other anime fandoms is bad enough, they will go as far as being more superior to other fandoms as well thus thinking that they are in charge. Even they act superior to other already bossy fandoms as well such as the Animaniacs Ironic Fandom!
- A lot of them think that this series is important to their lives when JoJo isn't a religion to begin with.
- Aside from exalting the franchise like God's gift, they would glorify mostly every single character in existance such as Jotaro, Joseph, Dio, Speedwagon, Shigechi, and many more that they are so many to list. The same would be said about the songs; Sono Chi No Sadame, The Pillar Men theme, Oingo Boingo Brothers' ending, Great Days, and sometimes, Giorno's piano as if they were national anthems and Araki as if he were a saint.
- They overuse a lot of quotes related to the franchise such as "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA" (Star Platinum), "MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA" (The World), "But it was I, Dio!", "Even Speedwagon is afraid", "Awaken, My Masters" (Wammu), "This is the taste of a liar" (Bruno), "HORY SHEET" (Joseph), "German science is the finest in the world!" (Stroheim), "Yare Yare Daze" (Jotaro), "There's a Shark in my Soup" (Narancia), and many more. It's annoying when you think about it since they caused damage to The Meme Community.
- In addition, they overuse the IS THAT A MOTHERF***ING JOJO REFERENCE?! way too much.
- The fans would go as far as spoil new fans to the series or say "Read the manga you pleb" in social media. What's even worse is that they actually brag about the manga being better than the anime. Just like the Paper Mario Fandom, they claim to be "true" fans of JoJo just because they say the manga is better. Remember, a true JoJo fan can maturely choose either the anime or manga as long as you enjoy it.
- They start warfare with each other when they are talking about who is the best JoJo or the best villain in the series.
- Thanks to them, most of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure animes (2012, both seasons of Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, and Vento Aureo) became one of the highest rated animes on MyAnimeList because of the false reviews.
- A lot of them pummel on Giorno Giovanna and Jonathan Joestar like they were punching bags. They tend to ignore their good qualities such as being kind gentlemen.
- On the topic of memes, they keep spamming memes just for their shitposing purposes. They are even responsible for ruining some good ones as well.
- They only watch the anime or read the manga just so they can see the memes and not the story. Yes, there's nothing wrong with liking a series for memes, but really now, JoJo has more to offer than just memes.
- The r/ShitpostCrusuaders and r/StardustCrusuaders subreddits. Please enter at your own risk!
- Some of the memes they create are not only stupid, offensive, racist, sexist, and homophobic, but also lazy, generic, and dull. Just like this, or this.
- They have a very huge double standard. They say that "It was me, Dio" is overused when they are overusing other quotes as well such as the the "Speedwagon best waifu" phrase too often.
- Hypocrisy: They hate Sword Art Online for having terrible plot holes, yet JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has those same problems, but they are basically fine with it.
- Everytime there is a flaw mentioned in the series, they use the "Araki forgot" excuse whenever there are forced plot holes. Sure, forgetting some plot points when writing a story once or five times is normal, but these fans made 2 videos where Araki forgot 44 times in each video, which is 88 times, making it look like a person who doesn't even know what he's doing when writing a story.
- They somehow think that the JoJo fandom is the best and sane fandom compared to other fandoms when they are trashing on other animes 24/7. In short, they refuse to handle the truth.
- Some would even support the fandom's toxicity and make up lies that the JoJo fandom isn't toxic. Here is one example.
- Speaking of which, a YouTuber named Pointing out the Obvious posted a rant about how terrible the fandom really is, and tried to make them know better. Unfortunately, the video was also heavily disliked and most of the comments are just "correcting" the host that the fandom isn't toxic.
- JoJokes. They hackneyed them as much as they timeworn the memes.
- They hate Part 6 nonstop because their favorite character Jotaro died. This caused them to overhype Part 7 as well.
- The ships they make are really stupid such as Joseph x Caesar, Jotaro x Kakyoin, Giorno x Bucceliati, etc.
- There are incest shippers that ship character such as Jotaro, Giorno, Dio, Jolyne and/or Joseph being examples.
- Pedophiles are still present in the fandom just because of Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Reimi, Yukako, Giorno, Narancia, Fugo, Trish and Lucy Steel being underaged.
- They actually make porn out of Stands, which also makes no sense because Stands don't even have human genitals.
- If anything in particular would show up on YouTube such as a video of a Boston Terrier (because of Iggy) or a Road Roller (because of ROAD ROLLER DA), they would flood the comments like crazy. In fact, look at the comments in this boston terrier video.
- They always disregard the imperfections the series has such as corny dialog and some forgetable villains. In fact, a YouTuber named AnimeSins (basically CinemaSins but instead of movies, he actually counts flaws in anime) posted a video Everything Wrong with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and the entire comment section was filled with: JoJo is perfect!, There is nothing wrong with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure., etc. Not only are these comments repetitive, but have somewhat gotten out of hand. They continued to insult AnimeSins every time he makes an "EWW" on the JoJo video by using offensive comments insulting those with cancer or autism, which is very hurtful to those who are diagnosed with said diseases/disabilities.
- Believe it or not, they wanted Steel Ball Run added in Red Dead Redemption 2 as DLC, or Red Dead Online, which is a really bad idea because Rockstar Games could get easily sued for using manga/anime characters in American video games!
- They only like 80's music/bands just because of how some characters and Stands being named after them. If you look at the comments at the songs like Rock the Casbah by The Clash, or Bites the Dust by Queen, you know what we are talking about.
- Heck, they flooded the Rotten Tomatoes tweet when they introduced the new droid in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, dio with comments comparing the droid (d-0 or dio) to Dio Brando. Seriously guys, he’s just a droid, just chill.
- They love to squeeze their characters and refrences into any non-JoJo related media to the point that it gets old quickly. It can range from animes such as Madoka Magica, Tokyo Ghoul, or My Hero Academia, to even non-animes as well such as The Simpsons, Mega Man, Shrek, Kingdom Hearts King of the Hill, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, PaRappa, The Loud House, Super Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Toy Story, Undertale, Animaniacs, Frozen, Zootopia, Rick and Morty, Chespirito, Sly Cooper, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Aladdin, The Flintstones, and many, many more. Especially real life people like Barack Obama, JoJo Siwa Donald Trump, and including Adolf Hitler!
- They act like they are manly when they are just laugable and greedy.
- A selected portion of this fandom would be contradicting themselves because of this.
- They think that the Atlus game series, Persona rips-off JoJo. What kind of madness is this?
- Heck, they don't seem to be bothered that some JoJo characters did voice work for some Persona games such as Robbie Daymond (Goro's VA) voicing Smokey, Xander Mobus (Joker's VA) voicing Telence T. D'Arby, Matthew Mercer (Yusuke's and Kanji's VA) voicing Jotaro, Johnny Yong Bosch (Yu's and Tohru's VA) voicing Jonathan, Vic Mignogna (Junpei's VA) voicing Rohan, you get the idea.
- If a JoJo character were to die, they would takes the death way too seriously as if they were real people. It's true that some JoJo deaths are heartbreaking such as these, but there is no need to act like this.
- To continue on they would say things like "Only losers cried in Endgame. Real men cry when (Polnareff/Avdol/ Kakyoin/Caesar/Iggy/ or any character) dies in JoJo" which is mocking people who cried in Avengers: Endgame. Another thing is that they praise people who cried over whoever dies in JoJo. With that said, look at the comments.
- The weeaboos see the characters like they were Japanese when the series takes place in the west and the characters are American or European. Wait a second, didn't the weeaboos just say they hate the West?
- One JoJo fan even vandalize the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure page on the Wikipedia. But wait, this one as well vandalized the already mentioned article as well as this one.
- Unlike most anime fandoms hating English dubs, this fandom (well, some) admitted that the English version is just as good as the Japanese version.
- Some fans are civil enough to understand that not everyone has to like the series.
- Some may have legit pointers on why they never liked Part 6, Giorno, or Jonathan like a normal person would do. On the flip side of the coin, some may like the mentioned things.
- Some understand that JoJo still has some flaws just like any other piece of media.
- Some fans are unironic such as SuperKamiGaming, The RPGMonger, TheAnimeMan, and Lost Pause.
- Some can enjoy other series maturely such as other animes (Such as My Hero Academia or SAO), Marvel, or Persona.
- Some memes and crossovers can be funny and good as long as they are not foced too much.
- As what you can expect, beautiful artwork and badass cosplays are still in presence.
- They paid respect when Joseph Joestar’s part 3 voice actor, Unshō Ishizuka passed away.
- The fanbase used to be good around 2004 to early 2012.