Marcus (Fire Emblem) Hatedom
Marcus is a playable paladin character in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade and Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. Born in a household of knights who have served Pherae for many generations, he served during Marquess Elbert's time watched after Eliwood ever since his disappearance, personally teaching the nobility in the ways of war and as a martial arts instructor. In The Binding Blade, he taught Roy, Alan, Lance, and Wolt the ways of fencing. Serving within Roy’s army of gathered individuals of many talents as his primary advisor, he retired after the end of the war with Bern but serves Pherae as a loyal retainer with his life. For some reason, he has gotten toxic haters.
Why They're a Dishonor
- They keep calling him an "experience hog". Listen, guys, he's just a paladin that is useful. You don't want him useless, do you?
- Some would even try to force you to not use Marcus at all. Mainly when you encounter boss units according to them.
- They see Marcus as a "god awful" unit and will attack people who disagree with him.
- They hate him simply because he's older than some of the other Fire Emblem characters of the Elibe duology. Talk about being ageist. Also, there have been characters that would look as old or older than Marcus. These would include Wallace, Athos, Fargus, Darin, Merlinus, Niime, Yoder, etc.
- In fact, there is also characters that did not appear in the Elibe duology that are as old or older than Marcus such as Gilbert (Three Houses), Hanneman (Three Houses), Kostas (Three Houses), Lonato (Three Houses), Gwendal (Three Houses), Ionius IX (Three Houses), Thomas (Three Houses), Jagen (Shadow Dragon), Wrys (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Wendell (Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem), Bantu (Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem), Boah (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Dolph (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Macellan (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Gotoh (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Lorenz (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem), Jiol (Shadow Dragon), Medeus (Shadow Dragon), Malledus (Shadow Dragon), Gharnef (Shadow Dragon), Frost (Archanea Saga/New Mystery of the Emblem), King of Aurelis (Mystery of the Emblem), Lang (Mystery of the Emblem), the list goes on.
- They fail to admit that he's one of the most useful characters in Binding Blade while being much stronger in Blazing Blade (although not as vital as he was before).
- They only hate him because of his stats. Remember, stats do not dictate the quality of a character.
- Typical tryhards who believe that people who use Marcus are "noobs". That is just offensive you know.
- This page and it's comments section on Reddit.
- There are some units that are not useful compared to Marcus. For example, Sophia (a unit no one should seek to use unless from personal preference) or Karla (a unit with glaring flaws).
- His hatedom is not as huge as Karel's
- Some mature fans who are willing to respect opinions on Marcus do exist.
- They do have a point about the possible flaws of Marcus.
- Hate art is non-existent.
- Some may have a fair reason why they don't like Marcus.
- Not all the haters are tryhards.