Mario (Character) Fandom (Toxic Portion) and Hatedom
Mario is the main character of the Super Mario series and is the mascot of Nintendo. While he is seen as a short, pudgy, Italian who resides in the Mushroom Kingdom while having a simple personality, his adventures mostly involve rescuing Princess Peach from Bowser: King of the Koopas. In some of his adventures, Mario has also done more than just rescuing Peach such as rescuing the Power Stars and Grand Stars, restore Isle Defino's sunlight, save the Sprixie Princesses, or even rescue Tiara (Cappy's sister). There were also times when he joins into anything related to the spin-off series such as kart racing, baseball, Olympics, tennis, joining a party, fighting, you name it. As you can expect, Mario is often seen as one of the most well-known video game characters or fictional characters in history. A Q Score survey made in the early nineties showed Mario was even more popular than Mickey Mouse, and he has the only wax statue of a video game character, which stands in the Hollywood Wax Museum. His fandom is mostly good, but it does have a dark side. The hatedom, on the other hand, is more toxic than the fandom.
Why They're One Of Bowser's Minions
- Both sides think that he's a furry just because of how he can wear a Tanooki suit, Cat suit, Penguin suit, Blue Turtle shell, etc.
- They make debates over his height. Some say he's 5'1 and the others would say he's 5'11, the same height as Furret.
- Some would make some strange and idiotic memes of him. Part of which did some corrosion in the meme community.
- They lost their minds when Mario lost to Sonic in the first Death Battle, even after Mario won the rematch and the One Minute Melee, they still pound on the first Death Battle fight.
- They do some bad ships such as Mario x Luigi (incest), Mario x Bowser, Mario x Meggy (SMG4), Mario x Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario x Bowsette, Mario x Wario (both are shown to be rivals as seen in some games such as Super Mario Land 2 and Mario & Wario), Mario x Palutena (Kid Icarus), Mario x Lyn and Corrin (Fire Emblem), Mario x Vivian (Possible necrophilia since she's only a ghost-like creature in the form of a Shadow Siren), Mario x Callie (Splatoon), Mario x Black Heart and Purple Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia), Mario x Miku (Vocaloid), Mario x Ryoko (Kill la Kill), Mario x Weiss (RWBY), the list could go on.
- Speaking of ships, there has been some shipping conflicts between Mario x Peach and Mario x Pauline. Sometimes Mario x Daisy (because of Super Mario Land) and Mario x Rosalina.
- They sometimes spam his quotes such as "So long-a Bowser", "Oof", "Hey Stinky", "all toasters toast toast", "Oh, nice computer you got here, can I have it?", "gay Luigi", and many more to the point that they are no longer funny.
- They refer to his Hotel Mario incarnation as "fat Mario" which is offensive.
- Some would pummel on Sonic the Hedgehog himself to no end, they would treat Mario as God. This right there would make them part of the Sonic Hatedom.
- They complained about his absence in Wreck-It Ralph and Ralph Breaks the Internet. Really now, the Wreck-It Ralph series has a lot more to offer than the cameos. Besides, at least you got Bowser in the first film.
- When Super Mario Odyssey revealed his swimming trunks outfit, they went nuts to the point that they have a strange obsession towards his nipples. here's a visual representation.
- Ironically enough, Mario's swimming trunks first appeared in 2016 as one of Nintendo of Japan's few wallpapers which are seen here.
- Some would want Charles Martinet to voice Mario forever when there would be a day that he could retire from voice acting.
- They mostly come from the Luigi Fandom simply because how they blindly hate Mario for no reason. In fact, they would use some videos such as "Luigi's Day Out", "Racist Mario", and Luigi Finally Snaps" to demonize Mario. Seriously? There just parodies.
- You know what's stupider? PETA making some Mario games where it depicts Mario as a "Megward the Wizard" in the Super Chick Sisters series. There was even a game called Mario Kills Tanooki which depicts Mario as a villain.
- Thanks to MatPat's Why Mario is MENTAL videos as well as Nicobbq's Top ten reasons why Mario is not a hero video. They actually think that he is evil when MatPat's theory has errors while Nicobbq's video could possibly be a parody.
- If that's not enough, they still think that he's a communist which is not even true.
- Since we're talking about Mario here, many of his haters are edgelords, toxic fans of Sony, Microsoft, and Sega (or at the least, Sonic). They are also in the Japan Ironic Hatedom.
- Hate art and hate memes of Mario exist such as Luigi about to kill Mario (greenwolfs12), Yoshi killing Mario (Charmeleon221), Spyro eating Mario (SebastianvonBuchwald), etc.
- They dislike Mario just because of his voice sounding like a "goofy Italian Mickey Mouse" or "a retard" which is rather silly and mean.
- They keep saying Mario abuses or disrespects Luigi when there is no evidence that claims so in the Mario universe. Even though there has been characters who have done bad things to their relatives such as Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (For disrespecting his mother, uncle, and grandfather), Lynn Loud Jr. from The Loud House (For rarely showing any respect to her siblings thus relying on violence to get what she wants), Sid's Family from Ice Age (For abandoning Sid the sloth every time they migrate), or Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty (For dragging Morty and sometimes other members of his family on dangerous adventures).
- Don't ever say "Mario is not a villain" or say "Mario is better than Luigi" or "I prefer Mario over Sonic", they will go ballistic on you.
- They don't want Mario to exist without realizing that if he didn't exist, the franchise wouldn't probably exist as well.
- Similar to how the Minions Hatedom feels about the Minions, The Mario Hatedom Hates on Mario just because he was made by Shigeru Miyamoto which doesn’t make any sense.
- Some claim that Mario is an offensive Italian stereotype when Italians have never been bothered by him before and some are even fans of his.
- They somehow think Mario is weak just because "he dies from turtles!", when it's obviously just a game mechanic and there has been evidence that shows how strong Mario is.
- They hate him just because he's fat which is an offensive reason to dislike a character.
- The Sonic portion of this hatedom went crazy when they found out that Mario won in the Mario vs Sonic rematch.
- They see Mario as a person who only chases Peach when they don't realize that Mario has a reason to rescue the princess. Also, there has been some evidence about both Mario's and Peach's relationship.
- Acording to them "Mario parties way too much in Mario Party". Seriously now, Mario is just having a party in the Mario Party series so why bother.
- They use Baby Mario as an excuse to dislike him. Really?
- They claim that Mario promotes substance abuse just because he uses power-ups. Since when did Mario ever promote these things in a family-friendly game series?
- The mindset thinks that Mario is an animal abuser or disrespects mother nature just because of him stomping on Koopas, Monty Moles, destroying Piranha Plants, etc. Looks like they don't realize these enemies Mario defeats are actual enemies. The same can be said about him abusing Yoshi without realizing that there is no evidence that points out how Mario hates Yoshi. Also, Mario being able to fight against Yoshi in some areas such as Super Smash Bros. doesn't help either
- You can still find mature fans and haters who don't take him too seriously and understand that everyone has a different taste. Besides, they can have their own reasons to like or dislike him.
- They are right about his movie incarnation being terrible. In fact, they still respect Bob Hoskins.
- As mentioned before, most of his fandom is healthy, it's just the dark side.
- Thankfully, they are more mature than the haters.
- Most fan-art and mods they make out of him can be good.
- Some may like Sonic himself.
- At least they are better than the Luigi and Waluigi fandoms.
- They do agree that the Mario is Mental theory can easily be debunked. The same can be said about other stupid claims.
- Some memes they make can be funny.
- Not all of them are crazy enough to over glorify Sony, Microsoft, or Sega.
- Some don't hate Japan.
- They do have a point about Mario having a lack of personality.
- Some condemn false facts about him or even point out how hypocritical PETA is.
- They are right about baby Mario's crying noise in Yoshi's Island.
- They have a point on his flaws.