Mega Man (Franchise) Fandom
Mega Man (also written as MegaMan and Megaman), known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman) in Japan, is a science fiction video game franchise created by Capcom, starring a series of robot characters each known by the moniker "Mega Man". The original Mega Man series consists of eleven main games, a side game titled Mega Man & Bass, as well as all Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear and other console games featuring the original design of Mega Man. Although the classic series has yet to reach an ending, the storyline shifts to the Mega Man X series, followed by the Mega Man Zero series, two Mega Man ZX games and three games for Mega Man Legends. All Mega Man series follow one continuous timeline except for Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Star Force. When Mega Man Legends 3 got canceled back in 2011, the fandom plunged into a downward spiral and started to become toxic.
Why They're Mega Toxic
- They complained and whined about not being any Mega Man games (when Mega Man Legends 3 was canceled.) until 2018, when Mega Man 11 was finally released. Compilations and re-releases don't count.
- Mega Man fans, Capcom fans and the cartoon community alike hate the CG animated show on Cartoon Network, Mega Man: Fully Charged only because of Aki Light's design. A character design change does NOT dictate the quality of something. NO EXCEPTIONS. In fact, the hatedom was so bad that it has its own page.
- They call Mighty No. 9 a rip-off of Mega Man when they were made by Keji Inafune, but he made them for different companies.
- Objectophiles are still present in this fandom just because of Roll, Splash Woman, Iris, Alia, etc. being robots. The same can be said about the fangirls when they see Zero.
- Heck, Pedophiles are also present in the community because of Tron Bonne being 14 years old.
- They make some bizarre fan theories/headcanons that don't really make sense thus not having a source or an unreliable source for their theories and headcanons. The Classic-X time-gap is an example of this.
- There have been some arguments over the best series, best characters, best games, etc. Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but they would shove down anyone's throat.
- Some OCs they make can be really uninspiring to look at such as this one.
- They ship Mega Man with Roll or the Robot Masters when it's considered incest. In this case, it's known as Botcest.
- One time, they started to throw a big fit when the classic Mega Man didn't join the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster.
- They were not pleased that Bad Box Art Mega Man made it in as a character in the crossover fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken instead of a different version of Mega Man.
- A selected portion of this fandom overhypes Mega Man 2 like God gave this gift to them. They love this game so much that they would never want to try out Mega Man 7 or other games including the first game. Not making this up.
- Some fans claim that Astro Boy is a rip-off of Mega Man, when really it's kind of the other way around. This can be annoying for Astro Boy fans because here's some trivia: Astro Boy was a manga created in 1951 by Osamu Tezuka, while Mega Man was created in 1987. Remember to do your research.
- They will start shrieking and complaining about the mere prospect of a "Mega Man Classic" game that uses anything other than NES-style graphics and sound. This happened to Mega Man 11's announcement that Capcom showed.
- Some of them only care about the classic and X versions of Mega Man rather than everything else. Although we could understand because mature taste or can't afford other games, but you get the idea.
- They overpraise the Dr. Wily Stage 1 theme from Mega Man 2 like it was the national anthem when it's only just a song like any other.
- Some would disrespect Capcom despite the fact that without Capcom, Mega Man wouldn't exist.
- Back then, the fandom used to be mostly good until Mega Man Legends 3 got canceled.
- Some are fine with some Mega Man games being canceled.
- Most fans are actually nice and can tolerate different views.
- The fanbase knew that Capcom had added X, another incarnation of Mega Man, as a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite as a response to the classic Mega Man not in the previous Marvel vs. Capcom game.
- Other Mega Man fans know that Astro Boy came before Mega Man and respect Astro Boy for being Mega Man's inspiration. There has also been a "fact" going around that Mega Man was originally going to be an Astro Boy game, but Capcom lost the license for it and so they decided to make their own game, sorta like how Donkey Kong (Super Mario's first appearance) was originally going to be a Popeye game.
- As what you would expect, with great talent comes good artwork and remixes.
- The classic and X fans can like other Mega Man series. If not, there are some that appear to be mature.
- They are right that Mighty No. 9 being a bad game such as poor level designs, being way too focused on scoring and combos, lackluster bosses, some anti-virus programs are seen in the game's .exe file malware, etc.
- A selected portion may like Mighty No. 9 and/or Fully Charged.