Metal Slug Fandom
Metal Slug is a series of run and gun video games originally created by Nazca Corporation before merging with SNK in 1996 after the completion of the first game in the series. Spin-off games include a third-person shooter to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the series and a tower defense game for the mobile platform. The games focus on the Peregrine Falcon Squad, a small group of soldiers who fight against a rebel army, aliens and various other forces intent on world domination. The player starts with only a simple semi-automatic handgun (Metal Slug 6 and 7 used a fully automatic handgun in place of the stock semi-auto firs used in every game including a spin-off); as the game progresses, the player may pick up new weapons. The player can only use one weapon at a time. When a new weapon is found, it replaces the previous one. Similarly, when ammunition runs out, the player reverts to using the handgun, which has unlimited ammunition. While being one of SNK's well-known franchises, it spawned a toxic fandom.
Why They'll Never Be A Slug With Their Toxicity
- They seem to make comparisons to the game series with World War 2. That right there isn't true because Metal Slug is fiction and World War 2 is history. It does not help that the Rebel Army does resemble Nazis.
- Since some missions in Metal Slug does feature characters getting a fat expansion, they tend to go nuts for it. Mainly on females like Fio, Nadia, and Eri. With that said, some would even spam "WOAH, BIG" to the point where it loses its humor.
- Some would loathe on Tarma simply because he's underused compared to many characters. They keep using the "Nobody likes Tarma" excuse when some people would like him.
- Some would even complain about Marco's absence as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate simply because of Terry. Here's a visual representation.
- Fio fanboys. We don't need further explanation.
- Some of them would be immature Call of Duty haters where they would do comments such as Metal Slug > Call of Duty. Yeah... we're not making this up.
- They complain about Metal Slug 7 not being an arcade game. This proves that they can also be nostalgiatards.
- Some of them complain any Metal Slug female characters (Mostly Fio or Eri) didn't appear in SNK Heroines.
- They complain about how a new Metal Slug isn't happening as of now simply because they think that "SNK will only develop fighting games from now on". Also, there has been evidence about SNK wanting to revive the series.
- They would constantly spam "ROCKET LAUNCHER" to the point that it gets annoying quickly.
- Most of the community is nice.
- There is still a lot of badass fan art.
- Thankfully, Metal Slug 7 hate died down after it's existence or so.
- Most of them are patient for a new Metal Slug game.
- Some may like Tarma.
- Not all of them are immature Call of Duty haters. Some may maturely like the series and the others may not really like them maturely.
- They do have a point that Any female characters of Metal Slug didn't appear in SNK Heroines.
- Some were fine with Terry being a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.