Minecraft Fandom and Hatedom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
MinecraftAGW is a 2009 sandbox video game created by Swedish video game programmer and designer Markus Persson. It is known for having a bad fandom and hatedom for many reasons.
Why they have (and deserve) very few (to no) Diamonds
- Minecraft's audience largely consists of elementary and middle-school aged children. This age group is known for its toxicity, and is largely responsible for ruining the multiplayer experience after the game's popularity hit its peak in July 2013.
- It is filled with numerous Minecraft YouTube channels that are all virtually the same and do nothing different and/or interesting.
- They are part of the Mario, Roblox, Nintendo, Sonic, Fortnite and the Terraria hatedoms.
- Whenever someone says that Roblox is better, this fandom overreacts and does not respect that opinion.
- Hypocrisy is present as well: They hate other fanbases because they are "toxic", "little kids" etc., even though they do not realize that they are being toxic themselves and they destroyed the fandom again once the game became popular.
- The fandom is very close-minded. Many of the toxic people would only prefer this game and do not give other games a chance, and some of them even think it was the first game ever made which is utter nonsense. The first video game that was ever invented was Tennis for Two all the way back in 1958. This shows that they don't do any research on the game. Also, Super Minecraft Kid is to blame for this.
- Most of them are part of the already toxic iFunny Community.
- Some fanboys bash other series, with statements such as, "Oh, Mario and Zelda suck! They have terrible graphics!".
- Some believe that Roblox and Terraria are copies of Minecraft. While some newer elements of the game could've been inspired by Minecraft, Roblox began development in 2004, five years earlier than this one did in 2009.
- Sometimes, they like to make wars over the 3 main "editions" of Minecraft (Bedrock/Pocket, Java and Legacy Console). Example: much like the PC Gaming Elitists, Java Edition Fanboys like to take pride in their "most superior" version of the game and bash the other Editions (mainly Bedrock), and while it is true that Java Edition is indeed superior (open modding capabilities, etc.), it has terrible optimization.
- Some people hate Mojang because they didn't want to make the version 1.15 the cave update and don't seem to give this version a chance, even though it didn't come out yet. It's Mojang's decision to add stuff in the game.
- They will over use the cringe worthy grotesque Steve to troll those who says "I don't like Minecraft" or "Minecraft is trash" or "Banjo for Smash".
- Half of Minecraft's community in 2019 is filled with people who used to hate the game in the past, and that pretend that they cared about the game back then, making the community even more hypocritical than before.
- Most of them are nostalgiatards.
- It’s much worse now because of The Meme Community and the PewDiePie fandom.
- This petition.
- They keep saying that Minecraft Cursed is illegal, which is not true since how could spheres and other shapes in Minecraft get you arrested? In fact, it became so overused to the point that it's no longer funny.
- Sometimes, they might take the Minecraft Cursed joke too literal.
- An example can be where in Phoenix Sic's video about every block being misaligned, a user named Killkor told him to give the blocks rotations as well. As a result, some people replied to it but a user named Shay Ó Laoghaire said that he will report Killkor for telling Phoenix Sic to give the blocks rotations. Seriously, over a request to contribute to the joke.
- In one satire video about why Minecraft sucks, the fandom bashed, sent death threats, and called the creator an "uncultured swine". Not only that, but the fandom mass-disliked the videos from that channel. See it for yourself.
- Back in mid 2019, a kid said that Minecraft was dead and he didn’t think that Keanu Reeves was a god. Keep in mind that Keanu Reeves was incredibly popular back then. You know what happened? The Minecraft and Reddit community decided to harass, witch-hunt, death threats, threatened to find where he lives, and even post his personal info (doxxing). Even though he didn’t have a good reason to dislike the game, it doesn’t mean that you go ahead and bully him. That’s just sick.
- It’s worse than the Fortnite: Battle Royale fandom at this point. Ever since early 2019.
- It mostly comes from the Roblox fandom and even partially the Terraria Fandom.
- They call every fan of the game a "Minefag", which is homophobic and disrespectful.
- They disregard anyone's standpoints on the game.
- Whenever someone has a Minecraft profile picture in the YouTube comment section, they will pummel on that person by saying that he/she shouldn't comment because of that, just like another hatedom.
- Majority of the haters are from Roblox, Starbound, Terraria, Growtopia, Creativerse and Fortnite fandoms because both games are open-world building themed games.
- In fact, when Steve won to a battle in an episode of Animation Rewind against a Robloxian avatar, MC haters started whining about that and say how the Robloxian could have won. Because of this, Animation Rewind was forced to do a re-match where the Robloxian won.
- They often call anyone who likes the game "cancerous", "autistic", and "a 12-year-old".
- No matter what the video is about, some haters call it "cringe".
- They hate it just because it's mainstream, which is a weird reason to hate something.
- Many of them are Social Justice Warriors and Moral Guardians.
- They were more toxic between 2014 and 2018 as they caused Minecraft's popularity to go downhill.
Redeeming Qualities (Diamonds)
- There are some fans and haters who understand others standpoints.
- There are a handful of great and creative users besides the toxic fans. Notable examples include the builders and modders.
- They can make good fanarts.
- They can make good arguments on why they enjoy Minecraft.
- Some were even glad that Banjo-Kazooie made it into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Some of them don't even want Steve to be in a Smash Bros. game and know he has no chance of getting in.
- Even though toxic people still exist in this fandom, at least it's improving a little.
- They do have a point about Minecraft's flaws.
- As of 2020, the hatedom is incredibly rare.