Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club!) Fandom
Monika is a character from Doki Doki Literature Club!, acting as the poster girl of the game and one of the five members and president of the Literature Club. Monika is the driving force of the game instructing the members to practice writing poems developing the characters and story. She used to be in the Debate Club but left because of politics and drama highlighting a desire for order, freedom of topics and friendliness. She was originally a kind person who was always thinking of others before herself. However, she went to a dramatic change because she underwent an epiphany which made her discover that she was in a game and also granted her the ability to edit the game's variables and changing her peers' personalities. She is known to have a toxic fanbase.
The term for Monika fans are Monikans.
Why Monika Wouldn't Imagine A Future Where She Can Be With Them
- They don't just like her, they glorify her like a goddess.
- They tend to spam "Just Monika" everywhere.
- They bash on people who like Yuri, Sayori, The Protagonist or Natsuki.
- If you don't like Monika or even prefer one of the other girls, they may attack you and perhaps send death threats.
- Some of her fans are weeaboos.
- Her fanboys and fangirls. No need to say more.
- Some fanboys go as far as marrying her (or wanting to).
- Monika's fanboys don't even realize that she isn't guilt-free and is described as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Does this sound familiar?
- Somewhat morbidly, the toxic part thinks that the other girls' deaths are funny when they are not.
- They think they are the boss of everything.
- The toxic fandom even makes lame theories such as comparing Monika to Joseph Stalin which is rather farfetched if not just unfair, since Joseph is real unlike Monika. See here.
- Much like Thanos, her fans would bring up "[she] did nothing wrong" or "What Monika did was bad, but I think she deserves to be forgiven." The problem is that many don't actually act like they believe the first part. They constantly make more and more excuses for what Monika did. They also get annoyed whenever people bring up what Monika did in the game.
- Hypocrisy: they just circle-jerk about how some hate Monikans for liking Monika. But of course, they ignore the original attack on the non-Monika fans in the first place.
- They seem to only play DDLC just for Monika herself. (There's a whole cast, what about them?)
- There are some jokes that make her either a communist or nazi.
- Some fanart made by the good portion is well made.
- Most know that DDLC isn't just about Monika.
- Some are aware about what Monika has done.
- Some memes can be funny if done correctly.
- Not all fanboys have the hots for her and simply like what she really is.