My Hero Academia Fandom and Hatedom
My Hero Academia (Japanese: 僕のヒーローアカデミア Hepburn: Boku no Hīrō Akademia), abbreviated as HeroAca (ヒロアカ HiroAka) is a Japanese superhero manga series written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi.
Until the date this article was made (July 14, 2018, which was also the day Episode 52 premiered), this fandom wasn't that bad, but now, it is. The hatedom can also be bad.
Why They Deserve A United States Of Smash From All Might
- Like any anime fandom, they can get a little too enthusiastic about the show and shove it down everyone's throats.
- They prove themselves to be massive hypocrites by shoving same sex pairings down people's throats like Midoriya x Bakugo, Bakugo x Kirishima, Midoriya x Todoroki, always using the petty excuse that "its not confirmed that said character is 100% straight" when he/she is obviously heterosexual, and so forth. They're almost as bad as the Naruto fandom when it comes to this. So let's get this straight: it's not okay to sexualize the female characters but it's okay to look at yaoi fanart?! Sad fact is, those drawings are the closest thing to abs that the fangirls ever get to touch. If it's okay to lust after the male characters, it's okay to do the same to the female characters.
- This fandom mistreats Kohei Horikoshi. It's understandable to not agree with making Endeavor (Todoroki's father) redeemable, but sending death threats to the creator over it is inexcusable.
- Shipping wars are rampant like Deku x Ochako and since most of the fanbase is from the Yaoi Fandom, they do TodoDeku and BakuDeku.
- Because of the yaoi shippings, the shippers tend to have a hatred towards the girl characters which is pretty sexist.
- They disregard any different views about the series and its characters.
- A medium number of My Hero Academia fans are part of Bakugo's, Mineta's and Endeavor's hatedoms.
- They treat Shoto Todoroki and Himiko Toga like they are gods.
- They also treat Hitoshi Shinso as their deity.
- They also treat Kirishima Eijiro like a a piece of heaven brought down to Earth.
- They think the characters' orientation matters when really it doesn't.
- Sometimes, some of the fans who ship homosexual relationships completely denounce heterosexual ships, which also reveals the fandom's double standard.
- They leave obnoxious comments on any Uverworld-related content on YouTube since Uverworld sang Opening 4.
- Many of them overreacted to what Kohei Horikoshi named the Doctor in the recent chapter.
- They even burned the copies of the manga because of it similar to another fandom.
- They also got mad when some characters shared the same birthdays with dictators and war leaders like Adolf Hitler which hypocritical of them since some of them are part of the Bleach Fandom due to the fact that Ichigo Kurosaki shares the same birthday as deku.
- This fandom despises China because My Hero Academia is currently banned in China, it takes more reasoning than just hating on a nation just because they banned your favorite show, and it's true that China treated some foreign shows poorly.
- Hypocrisy can be shown, some are Weeaboos who hate western culture yet don't seem to be bothered that My Hero Academia was inspired by western culture such as many of All Might's move being named after states and cities in the United States.
- Some of them lost their mind when All Might lost to Might Guy in Death Battle.
- A few of them labelled Black Clover a Ripoff of My Hero Academia just because Asta doesn't have any magic similar to how Deku doesn't have a quirk.
- Some people hate it only because it's popular and mainstream, it’s fanbase, or they only hated the series just because of some of its characters, which are not even real reasons to dislike the series.
- Social justice warriors complained about female characters being sexualized. Anime sexualizing female characters? But that’s happened before! Stop the presses! At this point, it seemed as if people were done complaining about fanservice. It’s become such a staple of anime, that people just got accustomed to it. Everyone and their pet goldfish know that less than 10% of modern and old anime has no fanservice whatsoever. Get used to it. It’s not going away anytime soon or possibly ever.
- They also complained about Uraraka being slimmed down in the anime, which is petty.
- Bunny Girl fanboys lost their minds ever since Sakuta Azusagawa lost to Izuku Midoriya on "Best Boy of the year" award. (located at Crunchyroll website).
- When My Hero Academia won some awards, their minds had gone berserk and they trashed Crunchyroll for it.
- Sometimes they start to retaliate towards fans of the series.
- Some were former fans of the series until Endeavor's redemption arc or the recent name of the doctor turned their backs on the franchise.
- Several MHA haters are also toxic anti-Christians because of Ibara Shiozaki's appearance and quirk alluding to Christianity, as well as her thorny hair is similar to the crown of thorns that is said to have been placed on Jesus Christ's head at the time of His crucifixion, her former Hero name "Maria" is the Latin name for the Virgin Mary, Her birthday is September 8, which is also the birthday of the Virgin Mary, Her Hero Costume consists of a plain white robe, which looks similar to the one worn in many depictions of Jesus Christ, and All of her Super Moves are named after biblical terms.
- They even make Hate Memes of the series such as this.
- Some are also Naruto fans who call the series a ripoff of Naruto.
- Many fans and haters can be chill and can tolerate others opinion.
- They have a great point about some characters like Katsuki Bakugo, Endeavor and Minoru Mineta being unlikeable and/or annoying at times.
- Like any fandom, there are good fanarts and fan fictions.
- Unlike other anime fandoms, most people agree that the English dub is just as good as the original Japanese version. Even the director of the anime called the dub perfect.
- They are right that the Manga/Anime got treated very poorly in China.
- There are still many good people that can be aware of how bad it is, just enjoy the anime and manga, and aren't hypocritical like some of them are.
- There are many good cosplayers and artists who enjoy this anime and are not toxic.
- A large portion of the fandom banded together to support Horikoshi after all the backlash toward him about the name of the doctor with the trend #WeSupportYouHorikoshi.
- Ignoring Flaws isn't so common in this fandom since they can agree that some characters are somewhat unlikable.
- There are mature haters of that series.
- Since not all haters are toxic, they can respect opinions and that series.
- Some of them defended Kohei Horikoshi against any death threats of him.
- Some haters give good reasons to dislike the show and have good arguments about the flaws of the show too.
- Endeavor (My Hero Academia) Hatedom
- Katsuki Bakugo (My Hero Academia) Hatedom
- Minoru Mineta (My Hero Academia) Hatedom
- Ochako Uraraka (My Hero Academia) Hatedom
- Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia) Fandom