NFL Fandom and Hatedom
The National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams who are divided equally between the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference. The NFL is one of the four major professional sports leagues in North America and the highest professional level of American football in the world. The NFL was formed in 1920 as the American Professional Football Association before renaming itself the National Football League for the 1922 season. After initially determining champions through end-of-season standings, a playoff system was implemented in 1933 that culminated with the NFL Championship Game until 1966. The first Super Bowl was first held in 1967 simply because of an agreement to merge the NFL with the American Football League. As of now, the NFL is considered to be the most popular sports league in the world thus causing a toxic fandom and hatedom.
Why They Get No Touchdown
- It is no secret that many of the NFL fans would tend to start wars on which team is better. How typical of the sports community.
- Many teams have toxic sports fan for a number of reasons.
- The Dallas Cowboys fans are known to make a ton of bad excuses such as “If Romo was in, we could of easily won” , “The refs were so one-sided, we got completely screwed” or the infamous "We’ll it doesn’t matter that we lost, we still have 5 rings and you guys have 0 so really who cares" There's more to see here.
- The Detroit Lions fans are shown to be so mean spirited, that they even excoriated the team for hiring Nickelback to perform at halftime on Thanksgiving this past season.
- The New York Giants fans are shown to be hypocrites. They love their team yet they despise their former players. They did that to former star, Tiki Barber when he was introduced in the team's Ring of Honor.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers fans like their teams, but hate everyone else. In fact, they will fan the flames of that hatred with their truly terrible yellow towels. This also includes this article.
- The Oakland Raiders fans had fans who are so heartless, Elias Trejo wrote this article on how fearful going to the Raider's home game attendance can be.
- Many of the fans are shown to be loud to the point that it will get annoying.
- Whenever a said team won, they will mock the losing team.
- On the flip side, the losing team would throw a fit and bully the winning team.
- A lot of NFL fans tend to distract NFL players during a game. This includes laser pointers or objects being thrown at the field.
- Even NFL players has caused so much domestic violence that will leave a scar to the NFL fandom. This includes Ray Rice punching his fiancée and dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator and Greg Hardy being accused of assaulting an ex-girlfriend.
- There has been some several cases when NFL fans get arrested for doing bad things. This article is a good example.
- Speaking of the NFL players and even some the fans themselves, some of them are part of the US National Anthem Hatedom. In fact, this shows that they are disrespecting their own country. Even the players themselves caused the NFL ratings to drop.
- As for the rest of the NFL fans, they make a ton of lies such as "The NFL and NCAA are going to find ways to make the game safer", "The players know the risks; they choose to play anyway and get paid millions!", and "Football is a ticket out for kids with no other prospects".
- They raged like manchildren when the NFL didn't play Sweet Victory from the SpongeBob episode "Band Geeks". Also writing a petition on Change.Org does not help at all.
- They act superior to other sports fandoms which is why they apart of the Soccer Hatedom and the NBA Hatedom
- Most of these haters are rabid fanboys who prefer other sports.
- The NFL Hate Memes page on Twitter. Enter at your own risk.
- Some used to like the NFL, but when their favorite team loses or because Sweet Victory wasn't played at Super Bowl LIII's Halftime show , they hate on the association.
- Speaking of Sweet Victory, they could be part of the SpongeBob Fandom.
- For a similar reason, many of them are part of the US National Anthem Hatedom as well.
- Many of them pummel on people like Roger Goodell, Kenny Albert. Tony Siragusa, and even some of the NFL players to the point that they are called the worst. Yes, we know they have flaws, but there are far worse people in existence such as Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Vlad Tepes, Charles Cullen, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Mary Ann Cotton, etc.
- They only hate the NFL because of the rules of the game. Well, what do you expect from a sport?
- They think that the NFL is evil. How is a football league evil? Blame this article.
- They only hate the NFL because of how prices of everything involving the NFL. Not everything is free you know.
- Some only hate it simply because of the NFL Madden games. Really? One game series is not enough to hate the NFL!
- They only hate the NFL due to its violent culture. Just because of its culture, does not mean that you have to hate the NFL. That is just as dumb as hating a franchise due to its fandom.
- This Stupid Petition.
- Both sides can easily accept other people's opinions on anything.
- Not all of them hate the US National Anthem.
- Some can still respect the NFL people and the players.
- Mature fans still exist.
- Some are fine when a certain team wins instead of another team.
- Many of them simply enjoy what the NFL really is.
- Not all of them are loud.
- They support Pink Ribbon.
- They paid respect to people many people who were a part of the NFL such as Walter Payton.
- They do have a point about the NFL's flaws
- They are right that the fandom is toxic
- Mature haters still exist.
- The hatedom is pretty rare to find because it gets overshadowed by the fandom.