Nintendo DS Fandom and Hatedom
The Nintendo DS, or simply DS, is a dual-screen handheld game console developed and released by Nintendo. The DS, an acronym for "Developers' System" or "Dual Screen" introduced new features to handheld gaming: two LCD screens working in tandem (the bottom one being a touchscreen), a built-in microphone, and support for wireless connectivity. Both screens are encompassed within a clamshell design similar to the Game Boy Advance SP. The Nintendo DS also features the ability for multiple DS consoles to directly interact with each other over Wi-Fi within a short range without the need to connect to an existing wireless network. Players can interact online using the now-defunct Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service. This console competes with Sony's PSP and was marketed as an experimental, "third pillar" in Nintendo's console lineup, meant to complement the Game Boy Advance and GameCube. However, backward compatibility with Game Boy Advance titles and strong sales ultimately established it as the successor to the Game Boy series. This console has other models including the Nintendo DS Lite and the Nintendo DSi. The best selling handheld console is known for many successful games including the fourth and fifth generations of the Pokemon series, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Kirby Mass Attack, Radiant Historia, Trauma Center, Scribblenauts, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Ace Attorney, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, Professor Layton, Ghost Trick, and many others. This console was successful, yet it did have a toxic fandom and hatedom.
Why Their Toxicity Shoudn't Be Touched
- They keep saying that the DS is the first game console to use a touchscreen with a stylus when the heavily panned Tiger Game.com was actually the first.
- They make weird jokes about "touching" just because of the "touching is good" slogan that is used in the DS ads.
- They want the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection back on the DS when there is no chance that will never happen. They even want to bring back Pictochat.
- They constantly loathe on the DS Lite model without realizing that the Lite is more brighter and lightweight in comparison to the original.
- The DS Lite users keep referring to the original DS model as "DS Brick", "DS Fat Ass", or the "Phatty" which is rather silly when you think about it.
- The Original DS fanboys complain how Nintendo keeps releasing models of other DS including the DSi and the 3DS. They ignore that the DSi had new features such as the DSi Shop, DSi Sound, DSi Camera, and a different menu. The 3DS is a completely different model that is a lot more different in comparison to the DS and the DSi.
- They are part of the PSP Hatedom. If you say you like the PSP over the DS, they will get pissed.
- They treat Pictochat like it's a gift from the heavens. Trust us, it will get on your nerves.
- They complain about how people use texting nowadays instead of a DS just for Pictochat.
- They mostly come from the Sony and Microsoft fandoms. They also are PC Gaming Elitists and Modern-Tards.
- They keep wanting the DS line to die when not everyone has to hate the DS. Even though 3DS is still present, they don't understand that begging doesn't solve anything. Also, they don't understand the New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and the original Nintendo 3DS are discontinued (Although the 2DS models are still current).
- They think that the DS is for kiddos when anyone can enjoy it. Besides, there has been some M rated games such as GTA: Chinatown Wars for example. Even T rated games are present as well such as Ace Attorney, Contra 4, Dragon Quest VI, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Devil Survivor, Metroid Prime Hunters, Trauma Center, Disgaea DS, etc.
- They use "overrated" as an excuse to dislike the console.
- They think that only Rabid Nintendo Fanboys like this handheld when some DS users are mature.
- The modern-tards use mobile gaming to act superior to those who liked the DS
- They don't seem to understand that the DS was the first handheld to do full 3D games and have Wi-Fi service. They don't seem to understand the source material the DS has.
- Some are mature enough to understand that everyone has a different taste on the handheld.
- They are right that the DS is durable. In fact, a Nintendo DS was taken to Mt. Everest during an expedition. Various electronic equipment, including a Dell laptop, broke down from the intense cold yet the DS remained fully functional after the trip, showing the system is extremely durable.
- At least many of them enjoy what the DS really is.
- Some can live without the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- Some may like the PSP or other DS models.
- They do have a point about the DS's hardware limitations such as how the console doesn't react well to your fingers or the D-Pad making movement in 3D games hard.
- They are right that bad DS games do exist such as Peppa Pig The Game, Big Hero 6: Battle In The Bay, Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune, Peter Jackson's King Kong, Burnout Legends, Cody Lyoko, Charlotte's Web, Deal or No Deal, Elf Bowling, Gummy Bear Golf, Myst, Marvel Super Hero Squad, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Rayman DS, Spanish for Everyone, Six Flags Fun Park, Super Robot Wars K, WarioWare: Snapped!, X-Men: Destiny, The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, etc. At the very least that they know that the DS's focus on the touchscreen and lower hardware specs made it very easy to target shovelware games (especially Destination Software).
- They aren't that widespread in comparison to the fandom.