Nintendo GameCube Ironic Hatedom
The Nintendo GameCube is a home video game console released by Nintendo in Japan and North America in 2001 and Europe and Australia in 2002. The sixth-generation console is the successor to the Nintendo 64 while being competed with Sony's PlayStation 2, Microsoft's Xbox, and Sega's Dreamcast (To some extent). The GameCube is the first Nintendo console to use optical discs as its primary storage medium. The discs are in the miniDVD format and the system was not designed to play full-sized DVDs or audio CDs, unlike its competitors, and focused on gaming instead. The console supports limited online gaming for a small number of games via a GameCube broadband or modem adapter and can connect to a Game Boy Advance with a link cable, which allows players to access exclusive in-game features using the handheld as a second screen and controller. The reception of the GameCube at the time was generally positive. The console was praised for its controller, extensive software library and high-quality games, but was criticized for its exterior design and lack of features. It also leads to a toxic ironic hatedom.
Why They Aren't Born to Play
- Some of them hate it for no reason. How can you dislike a console if you hate it for no reason? Even Nintendo fanboys hate it as well.
- The Super Nintendo Fandom keeps complaining about the Gamecube simply because it's not the Super Nintendo.
- The Sega Fandom believes that the GameCube "killed" the Dreamcast. This is not true since what ended the Dreamcast's legacy was due to the fact that Sega suffered serious financial losses from the Sega CD, 32X, and Sega Saturn all three. So Sega didn't have the money to make it more powerful and had to cut corners to avoid spending lots of money. The Dreamcast also arrived late in the last two years of the 90s, while its competitors were still popular. The Dreamcast didn't have many successful 3D titles and third-party support. Also, it's 3D capabilities weren't as impressive as its competitors. Plus, the next-gen consoles were announced, which made the Dreamcast look like a joke. And the Dreamcast's poor sales led to the demise of the system, and the discontinuation of it. And didn't we forgot to mention that the Sega Fandom hates Nintendo?
- Moderntards. Is there anything else to say?
- Even the Sony Interactive Entertainment Fandom and the Microsoft are part of this hatedom simply because of the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. This makes them part of the Nintendo Hatedom.
- Speaking of Sony, they think that the PS2 is more powerful than the GameCube when the PS2's hardware was weaker than the GameCube.
- According to them, they hate the GameCube for being "casual" compared to the PS2 and Xbox.
- Edgelords who think that the GameCube was a "kiddy" console when it can be enjoyed for everyone. Also, there have been some games that were rated T or M. This includes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Starfox Adventures, The Simpsons: Hit & Run, F-Zero GX, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Soul Calibur 2, Spider-Man 2, Donkey Konga 2, TimeSplitters 2, Prince of Persia; The Sands of Time, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos: Wings and the Lost Ocean, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, etc.
- If you were to prefer the GameCube over the PS2 or Xbox, they will make you the laughing stock. How cruel.
- They think that the GameCube didn't have many games when it stills has 600+ games.
- They use the GameCube's design as an excuse to dislike the console. The design does not dictate the quality of a game console. Why yes, it does look like a lunchbox but still. Also, many people would like the design.
- In addition, they would even use the lack of Rareware games as an excuse to hate it.
- Ironically enough, they probably never owned a GameCube yet they hate it for stupid reasons. Toxic Sony and Microsoft fanboys do that a lot.
- They don't seem to see the many good qualities of the GameCube. (EX: The mini DVDs made loading screens shorter than average, Game Boy Advance cable being used on the GameCube, a handle for easy transportation, the controller is improved in comparison to the Nintendo 64's, the first Nintendo console to feature Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro games, etc.)
- To add things up, the toxic Sony and Microsoft fanboys don't realize that the console does not break down easily in comparison to the PlayStation 2 and Xbox.
- Some mature haters still exist.
- They are right about the GameCube's flaws. (EX: the disks having lack of storage or the controller not having many buttons compared to the PS2 and Xbox)
- They do have a point that some GameCube games are bad such as Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventures, Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis, Batman: Dark Tomorrow, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, The Polar Express, Catwoman, Bad Boys: Miami Takedown, Blood Omen 2, BMX XXX, Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet, Pokemon Channel, Men in Black II: Alien Escape, Shrek Super Party, and Charlie's Angles.
- Not all of them are moderntards, edgelords, toxic Sony fanboys, toxic Sega fans, or toxic Microsoft fanboys.
- Some were fine with Rareware being owned by Microsoft. Although Banjo-Kazooie did appear to be playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.