Nintendo Wii Fandom and Hatedom
The Wii is a home video game console released by Nintendo on November 19, 2006. This seventh-generation console competed with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PS3. Nintendo states that its console targets a broader demographic than that of the two others. The Wii introduced the Wii Remote which can be used as a handheld pointing device and detects movement in three dimensions. The console runs games supplied on Wii optical discs. It also supported the now discontinued WiiConnect24 service, which enabled Wii to receive messages and updates over the Internet while in standby mode. This was the first console to support a service called "Virtual Console" which allowed users to download emulated games from past including ones from the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, NEO-GEO, Commodore 64, and arcade. The early models of the console were also able to play GameCube games via backward-compatibility. The Wii is known for many of its successful games including New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kirby: Return to Dreamland, Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, de Blob, Zack and Wiki, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Residence Evil 4, Sonic Colors, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles, Animal Crossing: City Folk, No More Heroes, Rayman Origins, and many others. This is an awesome console, but the fandom and hatedom aren't awesome.
Why "Wii" Don't Want To Play With Them
- They are not very good at approving different viewpoints on the said console.
- Both of them could be part of the Wii U Hatedom. Mainly the hatedom.
- They keep overusing memes related to the Wii including the Mii Channel music, The Wii Shop Channel music, and the Wii menu music.
- Some would blindly loathe on the PS3 and Xbox 360 without giving them a chance. Typical for a rabid Nintendo fanboy eh?
- They want the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection back on the Wii when there is no chance happening. They even want the Wii Shop Channel back as well.
- If wanting the discontinued Wii features was bad enough, they even want to bring back the Wii itself.
- They don't just like the Wii. Instead, they highly over exalt the console to God tier levels.
- They think that the Wii is above the PS3 and Xbox 360 when the Wii is underpowered.
- They show strong jealousy towards the PS3 so much that they forgot that the Wii sold more than the PS3.
- They overreacted when Sony released the PlayStation Move, claiming Sony "copied" the Wii Remote, even though Sony was likely inspired by it or wanted to try experimenting with motion controls. It's not like Nintendo owns motion controls. In fact, the PlayStation Move was the successor to the PlayStation 2 motion accessory, the EyeToy.
- They want the Mii Channel music to play in every single elevator. Like that's ever gonna happen!
- They started making fun of Sony and Microsoft for turning down motion controls during the Wii's development. Take about being offensive to Sony and Microsoft fans...
- Don't say you dislike the Wii because they will go after you.
- On the site TheTopTens, some stupid people said the Wii U is a rip-off of the Wii, despite both of them being made by Nintendo.
- Speaking of Urban Dictionary, there was even a post that said "The best fuckin game console ever!!! Currently kicking PS3 and Xbox360's ass right now. The PS3 is just all the useless crap that Sony sells packed into a useless console and Xbox360 is just shit!!!"
- They even want this character to appear in Super Smash Bros.. What kind of madness is this? Also this petition.
- They mostly come from the fandoms of PC, PS3, and Microsoft. They are also modern-tards
- They think that motion control is dead when it still utilized. Think about it, some Nintendo Switch games still use motion controls such as Super Mario Odyssey, 1-2-Switch, ARMS, Splatoon 2, the Just Dance series, Mario Tennis Aces, Okami, LA Noire, Fortnite, and DOOM.
- They use the shovelware games as an excuse to like a console. You, idiots, do realize that some Wii games are not shovelware.
- If using shovelware games as an excuse is not enough, some would use "casual" as an excuse to hate the console.
- They think that the Wii only had kiddie games when some games are rated T or M such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Madworld, Back to the Future: The Game, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Metroid Prime Trilogy, No More Heroes, The Beatles: Rock Band, Manhunt 2, Dead Space: Extraction, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, etc.
- They only care about the Wii failing when it did sell well at its time.
- They complain about the Wii not having HD capability in comparison to the PS3 or Xbox 360. Remember, graphics do not dictate the quality of a console. By the way, some Wii games can look good without HD.
- Back in the days when the Wii existed, some people claimed that Nintendo's game-making philosophy is getting outdated which is rather silly.
- They refer to the Wii as "PS2 dressed up as a Mac". Excuse us?
- They complained about the Virtual Console games being "expensive". Come now, not everything is free you know.
- Ironically enough, many of the Virtual Console games that are featured nowadays are not that expensive. For example, the Donkey Kong Country SNES Trilogy costs 7.99, Xenoblade Chronicles cost 19.99, Yoshi's Story cost 9.99, etc. So if you think Virtual Console is expensive, think again and look it up. Heck, didn't we forget to mention that 3DS ambassadors can get GBA games free which include Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Wario Land 4, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, etc?
- They always ignore that the PS3 had a dreadful launch.
- If you try to look hard enough, then you can easily find some good fans and haters.
- They are against shovelware games.
- Some may like the Wii U.
- They do have a point about the Wii U being a failed console (although it's still a good console).
- Some can like the PS3 and the Xbox 360.
- Some can live with the discontinued Wii console as well as it's online servers.
- Some memes can still be funny the right way as long as it's done in moderation.
- Some are aware of the hardware limits it had.
- To be fair, the "Reckless Safety Notice Man for Smash" thing is mostly used as a joke.
- They do have a point about the Wii's limits it had such as inferior ports of third-party games, the inability to support title updates, sensitive hardware, etc.
- Some understand that the Wii did have darker games.
- They are right that some Wii games are bad such as Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Far Cry Vengeance, Major Minor's Majestic March, Kawasaki Jet Ski, M&M's Kart Racing, Need for Speed: ProStreet and Undercover, The Black Eyed Peas Experience (The Wii Version), Wreck-It Ralph (The game, not the movie), The Simpsons Game (It's still a good game, but the Wii version alongside the PS2 and PSP versions are bad), Tony Hawk: Ride, Proving Ground, and Shred, The Sims 3, The Golden Compass, UDraw, Fireplacing, Circus Games, Escape from Bug Island, etc.