OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes Hatedom
OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes is an American action-comedy animated television series created by Ian Jones-Quartey for Cartoon Network. The show is based on Jones-Quartey's pilot Lakewood Plaza Turbo, which was released as part of Cartoon Network's 2013 Summer Shorts project. It was produced by Cartoon Network Studios. The web series premiered on Cartoon Network's YouTube channel and on Cartoon Network Video on February 4, 2016. Set in the retro-futuristic year of 201X, it follows K.O. who wants to become the world's greatest hero while working at Gar's Bodega, a hero supply shop in Lakewood Pizza. His best friends are non-other than the narcissistic alien Radicles and the big sister-like ninja Enid. It has gotten praise due to its a handful of likable characters, simple yet passible animation, and great comedy. This also has a bad hatedom.
Why It's So-Bad-ical
- They can stem from the Sonic Hatedom (because of Let's Meet Sonic), the Steven Universe Hatedom (because Garnet appears in Crossover Nexus as a legit side character), the Teen Titans Go! Hatedom (same reason as Garnet due to Raven), the Furry Hatedom (because of We Got Fleas), and the LGBT Hatedom (because some LGBT elements in the show).
- Some of them hate this show due to its tone calling it "too random" or "too stupid". It's normal to not like a show due to the tone not being someone's cup of tea, but they would make up some strange arguments. Besides, not everything can't be all serious (did they just forget that it's an action-comedy series). Anyways, it still does have some wholesome moments like the episode, "Thank You For Watching The Show". Yes, this has happened before like in Common Sence Media.
- They don't like the show because of the animation. Remember, the animation does NOT dictate the quality of a show. There are even some shows and movies that do have good animation but turn out to be bad. They actually nitpick as well.
- OK-KO Critical. What else is there to say?
- They use the female characters in the show (like notably on Enid) as an excuse to dislike the show. Oh, come on, there just character designs.
- Some call this show a copy of Steven Universe when it's not. Yes, both are 2010's cartoons, but they are different otherwise. Even this hyperlink can explain everything. They would even talk about how the art style would look too similar to Steven Universe (like claiming that K.O. himself is a rip-off of Ruby Universe or Dendy being a rip-off of Peridot).
- Some reviewers don't even have constructive criticism towards the show. Look at some of the reviews from Amazon or Google Play, you would see some poor reviews that only say stuff like "I hate it" or "bad".
- Some say that no one watches OK K.O. which is very disrespectful to those that watch the show.
- Back to the topic of Steven Universe, the toxic Steven Universe fandom went to Rebecca Sugar's account in order to diss OK K.O. itself. Not making this up.
- Don't ever say you like OK K.O. in front of the toxic Steven Universe Fanbrats. If you ever did, be prepared!
Ok Toxic Haters! Let's Be Heroes Instead
- Some haters are willing to listen to those who like the show and have a legit basis as to why they never liked the show. Maybe because they thought the tone wouldn't be fitting for their taste.
- Some Steven Universe fans do get along with OK K.O. fans. In fact, some could like the show itself.
- They may have a point that Let's Not Be Skeletons was a bad episode.