Pauline (Super Mario) Fandom
Pauline is a prominent character that appeared in the Super Mario universe. she first appeared in the original Donkey Kong arcade where she was a damsel in distress way before Peach came to existence and Mario (Who was named Jumpman at that time) had to climb up at the same building where Donkey Kong stole Pauline. She also appears in the TV series Saturday Supercade in the Donkey Kong segments where she is portrayed as Mario's assistant or partner trying to capture Donkey Kong. After a long absence of not appearing in any of the Mario games since Pinball, She reappears in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series where she is only seen in Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis and onward where she is most of the time kidnapped by Donkey Kong simply because of different reasons (like buying a ticket that was sold out or not getting a Mini Pauline toy). She finally gets a rebooted revival in Super Mario Odyssey while sporting a new look as a mayor of New Donk City. She appears during Mario's visit in New Donk City informing the said visitor that the city is in a crisis thus having Mario save the city and set up a festival. For a character that was shown to be one of the oldest and iconic Mario characters, she also has a toxic fandom ever since Super Mario Odyssey.
Why This Is Not Our 1-Up Fandom
- First off and most importantly, they will start flame wars with those who prefer Peach, Daisy and Rosalina. Especially Peach.
- Ever since Odyssey, a lot of them are part of the Princess Peach Hatedom, especially the Mareach (Mario X Peach) part of it.
- Shipping Wars with the Peach fans.
- A lot of them hate her appearance in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series simply because she is ugly according to them when they did not realize that it had been used in the artwork of the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong.
- They hate Rosalina simply because she is "Overused" when there were times Rosalina was not overused.
- Hypocricy: They hate Rosalina for being overused yet they want Pauline to be overused.
- Another Hypocrisy: They hate Peach for being a damsel in distress yet they don't seem to be bothered by Pauline being one as well.
- Some would think that Mario x Pauline is not canon yet it had been featured in the original 1981 Donkey Kong. Also, it was shown in the new Mario games that Pauline was just a friend to Mario.
- They think that Peach "stole" Mario from Pauline which isn't true since Mario and Pauline are still friends and she and Peach never appeared in the same game together until Odyssey.
- They post hate and complaining comments on any picture on DeviantArt that shows that they prefer Mareach (Mario X Peach) over Marline (Mario X Pauline).
- They also start flame wars with Mareach fans too.
- Some would classify Pauline as a princess but she was never one simply because of how she was never shown to have nobility, let alone royalty, unlike Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Is the mayorship enough?
- A lot of sane and mature fans who respect opinions.
- Some have good reasons why they like Pauline.
- Some of them get along with Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina fans.
- Some are aware of Mario's relationship with her.
- At least she is one of the few Mario characters whose fandom is not that toxic compared to some others such as Princess Daisy and Waluigi.