Peanuts (Comic Strip) Fandom
Peanuts is a syndicated daily and Sunday American comic strip written and illustrated by Charles M. Schulz that ran from October 2, 1950, to February 13, 2000, continuing in reruns afterward. Peanuts is among the most popular and influential in the history of comic strips, with 17,897 strips published in all, making it "arguably the longest story ever told by one human being". At its peak in the mid to late 1960s, Peanuts ran in over 2,600 newspapers, with a readership of around 355 million in 75 countries, and was translated into 21 languages. It helped to cement the four-panel gag strip as the standard in the United States, and together with its merchandise earned Schulz more than $1 billion. While the franchise is successful, it sadly suffers a toxic fandom.
You Have A Toxic Fandom, Charlie Brown! And Here’s Why
- They don’t just love Peanuts, they glorify it like it’s a religion.
- They treat Peanuts like it’s the best comic strip of all time and don’t give other good comic strips a chance.
- The fandom is filled with a lot of nostalgia tards and pedophiles.
- They draw weird art and fanfictions out of the characters.
- Shipping wars are very common in this fandom.
- They do incest shippings such as Charlie Brown X Sally and Lucy Van Pelt X Linus.
- Some of them also have shipping conflicts involving the characters, one of the most notorious examples is Peppermint Patty X Marcy.
- Some of them only like Peanuts and the Charlie Brown specials just because of Snoopy, there is more to liking a franchise than just a character.
- MikeJEddyNSGamer89 (aka Mjeddy) is part of this fandom.
- They just can’t respect opinions on those who dislike Peanuts.
- They often start Flame Wars with the Calvin and Hobbes Fandom.
- They are part of the Caillou Hatedom just because they think that Caillou is a ripoff of Charlie Brown.
- They keep spamming quotes like "Augh!", "Good Grief!", and "You Blockhead!"
- Some fans are also part of the Furry Community just because of Snoopy and Woodstock.
- Not only will they ruin your childhood, but also your parents' and grandparents' childhoods as well.ns.
- They never stop bashing on Lucy van Pelt and treat her as if she was the worst character ever.
- They treat Charlie Brown like he’s a messenger from God.
- Not all fans act like this, since some are nice and can respect opinions.
- Some fans make good fanart, cosplay, and fanfictions like many other fandoms do.
- They do have a point that Lucy is a very unlikable character.
- They paid respects for Charles Schultz when he died.