Philadelphia Eagles Fandom
The Philadelphia Eagles are a group of professional American football team based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The team competes in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the league's National Football Conference (NFC) East division while the Lincoln Financial Field serves as their home stadium. The franchise was established in 1933 as a replacement for the bankrupt Frankford Yellow Jackets when a group led by Bert Bell secured the rights to an NFL franchise in Philadelphia. The team consistently ranks among the best in the league in attendance and has sold out every game since the 1999 season. The Eagles mascot is an eagle named Swoop which is expected since they are called The Philadelphia Eagles. It's also known for a toxic fandom as well.
Why They're Bad Eggs
- Toxic fans of the eagles are known to do bad things to other people.
- When Frank Olivo dressed up as Santa Claus at a 1968 Eagles Game, the fans booed at Olivo and they pelted Olivo with snowballs. Think about it...
- On a similar note, the Eagles fans managed to beat up Zema Williams. In fact, the eagles were so mean that Williams had a broken leg thus being in a wheelchair and crutches for the rest of the year. Wow, talk about being disrespectful to an unofficial mascot of the Washington Redskins.
- Before the Redskins went into their stadium and officially won the 2015/16 NFC East title as a result of smothering their team, a few Eagles bros decided to burn a DeSean Jackson jersey.
- The Bounty Bowl II incident. What else is there to say.
- In a 1999 game, the Eagles witnessed Michael Irvin getting an injury and what did the eagles do? They were being ill-mannered and almost excited. Now that was ugly.
- In a September 2014 showdown with the Eagles, the fans threw a cheesesteak at Chris Baker after ejection. For real.
- Speaking of disrespecting other people, they will start flame wars with the Minnesota Vikings fans. In fact, the Eagles fans do these things to the Vikings fans. The same could be said about other teams.
- Every time the Eagles win, they will celebrate and will bully another team that did play against the team. The same can be said when the Eagles won a Super Bowl. After the bowl, the Eagles fans managed to climb on light polls. In fact, even the Philadelphia police can't control them. A good reason to never take the Super Bowl too seriously.
- On the opposite side, they will throw a fit when the Eagles lose.
- Whenever a new game is going to happen, they will boast on other teams.
- They would blindly hate other teams without giving them a chance.
- Like many other sports teams, they will become snobbish to those that prefer another team.
- As expected from The Sports Community, they constantly scream and yell while watching the games.
- On the topic of the Super Bowl, they will overreact when the Eagles don't go to the Super Bowl, it gets even uglier when they loose at the Super Bowl.
- The fandom is so bad, that even many NFL fans hate the Eagles fandom.
- On Change.org, they make some laughable petitions such as Ban Pete Morelli, Never have Cris Collinsworth commentate on another Eagles game, cancel classes for the Eagles Super Bowl Parade, etc. Petitions never work like that.
- When KARE 11 talked about how toxic are Eagles fans, they made their point. Do you know what the Eagles fans do? They disliked bombed the video. It can be found here.
- Litterally all of them are apart of the Dallas Cowboys Hatedom
- Mature fans still exist
- They can still like other teams and get along with others.
- Not all of them constantly bash on some of the people.
- Some can accept defeat.
- Some could admit the team's and the fandom's flaws.
- The hatedom can be bad too.