PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Hatedom
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a crossover fighting game developed by SuperBot Entertainment and published by Sony Computer Entertainment released for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in 2012. This game features many characters from different PlayStation games fighting against each other in a similar manner to the Super Smash Bros. series. Different attacks are performed by pressing one of the three attack buttons in combination with a directional input. Players can earn AP orbs by damaging opponents, find orbs that are scattered across the stage, or perform throw attacks to remove AP orbs from their opponents. Earning enough power gives players to use one of the three levels of special attacks named "Super Moves" which can be used to easily defeat opponents. Stages are combined with two different franchises such as Dreamscape (LittleBigPlanet and Buzz), Hades (God of War and Patapon), Stowaways (Uncharted and BioShock Infinite), just to name a few. There also different modes including a single-player mode where players must defeat several randomly-selected opponents, followed by a character-specific rival battle, and a final boss battle with the former PlayStation mascot, the Polygon Man who was responsible for bringing the playable characters together to fight each other just to eliminate the final contestant. The majority of the playable characters are from different Sony franchises including Cole/Evil Cole from inFAMOUS, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet, Kratos from God of War, Sony Interactive Entertainment's mascot Toro Inoue, Kat from Gravity Rush, etc. It also includes third party characters as well consisting of Heihachi Mishima from Tekken, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, Dante from Devil May Cry, Big Daddy from BioShock, and Raiden from Metal Gear. It was the first game to feature Sony's Coss-Buy program alongside Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assult. While the game itself had mostly positive to average reviews, it also spawned a very toxic hatedom.
Why Their Toxicity Is A Seamless Illusion
- They are part of the Super Smash Bros. Fandom and the Sony Interactive Entertainment Hatedom for obvious and legit reasons.
- According to the haters, they think that PlayStation All-Stars is a rip-off of Super Smash Bros. when they have differences. First off, PlayStation players need to use Super Moves in order to kill fighters unlike Smash and the PlayStation fighters have light, medium, heavy, and special attacks, both on the ground and in the air which is not present in Smash. Smash have recovery moves to get back on stage while this technique is not necessary for All-Stars. Just because they have similar themes does not mean that PlayStation All-Stars is a Smash Rip-off. That is like saying Battlefield is a rip-off of Call of Duty.
- Ironically enough, The Outfoxies was an earlier example of an arena fighting game way before Super Smash Bros. exists
- The toxic Super Smash Bros. fans completely ignore the fact that there are games that completely rip-off Smash such as Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion and Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends. Both of which are bad.
- Hypocrisy: The haters used to be people who say "Give us Super Smash Bros with Sony characters" yet they turn their backs from it simply because of the "Smash ripoff excuse". Talk about being ungrateful.
- Another hypocrisy is that they hate PSASBR yet some somehow want some Sony characters like Kratos from God of War to be playable. In fact, Sony characters in Smash are extremely unlikely.
- They complain about how some characters like Crash Bandicoot, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, and Spyro the Dragon are absent in the game. Just because certain characters don't appear in the game, does not mean you hate it.
- When Dante was shown, a lot of the haters freaked out when he was portrayed in his DMC reboot. They fail to realize that the DMC reboot has gotten positive reception yet the fanboys complain about his design.
- Same could be said about the Raiden (Metal Gear) Hatedom being part of this.
- If you were to say you liked the game, the Nintendo fantards will be triggered so you better watch out.
- They fail to realize that the game does have a handful of good qualities like being the only non-Smash game to turn off or no stage hazards or the awesome soundtrack including "Finale" by Madeon.
- They make stupid hate memes of the game.
- This might be rare, but some would blame PlayStation All-Stars for not having Heihachi Mishima in Super Smash Bros. 4 simply because of Sakurai wanting to add Heihachi. This is not true because the real reason why Heihachi is not in Smash is because of how Sakurai confirmed that the idea of implementing Heihachi's moveset would be difficult thus cutting Heihachi in the roster during development.
- In AnimationRewind's Super Smash Bros vs PlayStation All-Stars video, the Smash fans were being complete snobs.
- Some are mature haters who can easily respect opinions.
- Not all the haters are crazy Nintendo fans or Sony haters.
- They do have a point about the game's flaws (EX: Kratos and Sir Daniel being underpowered or lack of content.).
- Some may have a valid reason why they don't like this game.
- At least hate art is non-existent aside from the memes.