Ratchet & Clank Fandom
Ratchet & Clank is a series of action platformer and third-person shooter video games. The franchise was created and developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation consoles. The games take place in a science fiction setting and follow the adventures of Ratchet (a feline-like humanoid known as a Lombax, who is a mechanic) and Clank (a diminutive, sentient Zoni robot) as they travel through the universe, saving it from evil forces that consistently threaten it. The series is noted for its inclusion of many exotic, unique and over-the-top weapons and gadgets, a concept that Insomniac Games has also expanded into their other games. The series is shown to have so much praise for its concept, but the hazardous fans didn't stop this franchise to get a toxic following.
Clank: I Detect Danger Lurking and I Do Have Some Evidence
- When the 2016 movie came out while having negative reviews, the fandom started fighting over whether they liked the movie or not. Although we can understand why this movie is bad, that does not mean you go force people into hating the movie. Here is a visual example.
- Sometimes, their OCs can range from uninspiring. Even though most OCs are not severe.
- They start a conflict with the Jak and Daxter Fandom. One of the reasons behind this is because of the power scaling between both Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter as if this were Goku vs. Superman all over again. Don't believe us, go deep into the comments section very down below on YouTube. Also, didn't we forget to mention that they have gotten a lot more annoying when Ratchet beat Jak in Death Battle?
- In addition, they threw got really pissed off when Ratchet lost to Jak in Cartoon Fight Club.
- Some of them would ship Ratchet with Clank which is considered objectophilia since Clank is just a robot. Anyways, you better keep in mind that Ratchet isn't safe from insert shippers as well.
- When Insomniac Games shut down the Ratchet Deadlocked servers, they were treating that day like it was the Great Depression, they even went as far as making this petition as well as trying to force Insomniac Games to make a remaster of the game.
- Species warring: Some of them (mainly the furry community) would call the lombaxes cats. While it's true that they do have feline traits, but they are fictional species at the end of the day.
- Similarly, they would have debated if Captain Qwark is human or not. Even though we still have no idea what species he is supposed to be exactly. Plus, there might be evidence that Qwark isn't a human such as him being over 10ft tall or his antenna. They would go as far as calling Qwark God and we have some comments to prove it.
- They are so nit-picky towards the 2016 game just because of these excuses.
- "It's based on the 2016 movie": True, but that does not mean that it's bad. You got to keep in mind that the story does not dictate the quality of the game. Gameplay does.
- "The soundtrack": Pretty much the same reason as excuse number one.
- "Qwark being the narrator of the game": Seriously now, it's not like Qwark is going to make the game bad.
- "There is nothing new in the game": Trading Cards are new to the series and the 2016 game introduces them.
- "The Scrpit": Well, you get the idea. One line or script does not dictate the quality of the game. The gameplay is very important. Do you know what would happen if you focus more on the "story" or "darkness" than the gameplay, you get these bad results. Even though some did well such as the Jak series.
- There are some fangirls of Ratchet who think that the fangirl should be with Ratchet and not with the other fangirl. In other words, they are trying to "win the heart" of Ratchet when he is a fictional character.
- They think that this game series is underrated when they have had critical acclaim before and that the 2016 game is the fastest-selling game in the franchise's history.
- A certain portion of this fandom are nostalgia-tards who only care about the PS2 games instead of the newer games kinda like another certain Insomniac Games franchise that stars a purple dragon named Spyro.
- They think that "kids nowadays will never experience these old classics" when there's more to life than a certain series.
- This artwork that depicts Ratchet as a womanizer when he is nothing like that.
- Most fans are nice in some areas.
- With good artists comes to some good artwork.
- Some can get along with Jak fans.
- They may have a point about how the movie was bad like how most characters are flanderized, Captain Qwark getting the most character development instead of Ratchet & Clank, shoehorning PlayStation references, lackluster action scenes, etc.
- Some can enjoy the 2016 game. If not, they may have legitimate reasons since not everyone has to like the game.
- Some moved on after Deadlocked servers got shut down.
- The original trilogy fans started to like the other games.